Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally shot my Ruger race gun in my first Steel Match
Have never shot a steel match before, was excited to finally use it in a real match

I had No problem competing in Open Division
I had a total of maybe 3-5 misses total

IT WAS AWEOSME!!!
I wish we did all 8 stages!!
I am hooked 90% of my times were under 6secs and my best time was 3.71

Gun shot Great.
Now selling a few of my guns to fund a XD9mm Race Gun I can use in steel and USPSA.

Def beat shooting at cardboard targets
Met a lot of Great Guys as well

Attachments

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
congrats on your first Steel Challenge. One of my favorite events. Local club does it third Sunday of every month, always look forward to that morning. Took my son to last match for his first time, he shot our bone stock Ruger 22/45 so I shot his 10/22 - first time I used it for a match, was a fun change. I usually shoot the stock 22/45, have also shot my XD, my Browning HP, and back in May shot new SR1911 just after getting that beauty.

Tons of fun, great bunch of folks to shoot with.

I noticed that you have green stuff around your Steels - ours in Arizona are surrounded by brown but they will look same in January so can do steel 12 months per year :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good shooting!

I was hooked the first time I shot steel! We also have a monthly shoot. I shoot a XDM 9mm open gun built by Scott at Springer, and my girlfriend and I shoot Browning Buck Mark open guns. We have the Tac-Sol barrels with a comp I designed, and C-More optics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts