Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the first time in a few months. No FTFs or FTEs so that's good. I also shot a mix of ammo. Shot some Wolf, Winchester and Federal American Eagle. Only put about 90 rounds through it though. I really need to sit down and figure out how to sight in the irons.

It has a Magpul MBUIS with a standard fixed front. I've always been curious, this is my first gun with this kind of sight. How do you know when you have them lined up right? It seems like there is a lot of air between the circle of the rear sight, and the two curved parts of the front sight. Granted, I was using the larger peep sight since we were just firing into a creek bottom at some large wooden boards. I guess I actually need to go to a range, sit down with a target 25 yards away and see exactly where I'm shooting? I just feel like there is so much air in that peep sight, that there is a lot of room for error when sighting it in.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I used the small aperature and zeroed at 50/~220 yds. It seemed to be the best zero for any of my purposes.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Do you guys normally zero your rifles like this for 300 meters? It seems pretty far to me for iron sights.
The M4 is designed to be fired with the iron sights out to at least 300 meters.

The A2, out to at least 500 meters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts