Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching what gun to buy for weeks now when I stumbled across this site. The XD sounded like the perfect gun for me so I decided to try one out. I knew I wanted .40 but the local range only had a 9mm to shoot.

The only 9mm I had shot in the past was a Glock 17. I expected the same experience--very jerky and rough. But instead the XD felt solid and smooth. I could tell immediately that the grip was in the style of the 1911, which I love so much.

So the gun felt great and that plus all your reviews was all I needed. I promptly bought a new XD 40 Tactical in stock there. Best part of all, I got it for only $440.

Now I just have to put up with this darn 10 day wait and I'll be on my way!

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on becoming an XD owner. Sorry you're in a "wait state", that sucks. It'll be worth it. Be sure to clean it before you shoot it and get the factory freebies out of it.
Happy shooting! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the family. You will love your new XD

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm really looking forward to improving my shooting abilities. Now I need to save up so I can reload my own ammo. Anyone have any suggestions on what equipment to get?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
MasonXD40 said:
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm really looking forward to improving my shooting abilities. Now I need to save up so I can reload my own ammo. Anyone have any suggestions on what equipment to get?
Click on the Search at the top, and look for dillon. That should bring up numerous threads on the subject. It has been discussed many times, with many preferences... :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
MasonXD40 said:
Dillon 550B. It's probably the best-selling progressive press, and a great piece of equipment. RCBS carbide dies, with maybe a Lee factory crimp die to give it that last final squeeze. Midway tumbler & electronic scale, and you should be more or less set.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I can't say how happy I am with mine. I have absolutely no complaints. It's a great pistol! I know you'll love your's as well! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts