Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to shoot a M1 Garand today. What a trulysweet shooting rifle. We were shooting targets at 100 yards and it was spot on. We shot a one gallon plastic milk jug filled with water, and it blew the cap about forty feet away, and just obliterated the plastic jug. I only wish I had video to show.
In case you are wondering; the M1 belongs to a friend of mine, I wish I had one..

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I got a chance to shoot a M1 Garand today. What a trulysweet shooting rifle. We were shooting targets at 100 yards and it was spot on. We shot a one gallon plastic milk jug filled with water, and it blew the cap about forty feet away, and just obliterated the plastic jug. I only wish I had video to show.
In case you are wondering; the M1 belongs to a friend of mine, I wish I had one..
always a good day when rounds are put through a Garand

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I was in the Navy years ago, we kept two M-1's on the bridge of my Destroyer while at sea, and when we would go on a picket line pinging for subs, the snipes would save the empty 55 gallom lub oil drums for us, and we would drop a barrel over the side, and let it get 6000 feet ot on radar, a nautical mile and shoot at it. After a couple of ranging shots, we could hit it about every shot. It was quiet, and to hear the bullet travel the mile was awesome. Occasionally, if the sun was right, we could catch a glimpe of the bulletn in the flight patch to the drum. The offical reason for the M-1's on the bridge was for shark protection when we pulled pilots out of the drink.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw thecmp.org in the rifleman recently. You can get a service grade M1 for something like $495. I've thinking about getting one, too.\

- Mike

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Why settle on one ?

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
You CAN own one...and for LESS than what it costs for an AR

Civilian Marksmanship Program

I bought a PRISTINE M1 (ok..not perfect...a service grade) and 768 (2 cans in enblock clips in the carry straps, and 2 cans loose) rounds for right at $1000

The only caveat..you MUST meet the requirements
http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/eligibility.htm

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to a gun show last week, and they had several there. I am starting an M1 fund and hope to buy one next year.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
The only caveat..you MUST meet the requirements
Eligibility Requirements

Just looked at their list of CMP affiliated clubs. wouldn't ya know, I just put in an allocation at the the Oakdale Gun Club for membership looks like I might have to add a CMP M1 onto my "to get" list down the line

1 - 10 of 10 Posts