Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was super impressed . Talk about soft shooting. It had an apex trigger upgrade that made it shoot so accurate. It was a total blast! High marks for that gun.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
All m&p guns that I have shot have been really soft shooters.. even the compact in 357 sig.. while it was stout it was still pleasant to shoot. Also that is one of the big reasons why I like my shield 9mm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good to hear, I have my eye on a M&P 45c in FDE:)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I've had 2 MP's, a 9C that I thought was great and a full size 40 that I couldn't stand. I've got a buddy with a 45 and an Apex and it's a very nice gun.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think my first 45 is gonna be m&p 45 or 45c to bring with me hunting and possible winter carry sometimes... Favorite looking guns are the m&ps so I have to own atleast 1 haha

·
Registered
295 Posts
Love my MP, Still gotta buy a 45c though.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I LOVE the look of the 5" full size M&Ps over the Glock. XD 5" then XDM 4.5 come in 2nd and third place. The S&Ws also feel really nice in the hand. I still have yet to shoot one.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The M&Ps in 45acp are fantastic shooters. Even fully loaded they don't feel much different from empty weight wise. I bought my original one used and liked it so much, I snatched up another used one from the same LGS.

Both FS45s have the small back strap, an Apex hard sear, DIY round/polish job on the striker block and lanyard grip tools. With the DIY striker block job and Apex hard sear,the trigger pull is down to 4.5lbs and very smooth. No need for lighter springs IMHO.

This is actually the first time I've owned identical twins. ;) I've had 2 of some other firearms, but they at least had different colored frames or something of that nature.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I've been wanting to get into the .45 ACP game for awhile now. These look really nice with the front slide serrations exclusive to the .45

The only thing that keeps me from getting this is the capacity......10+1, really?:(

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I've been wanting to get into the .45 ACP game for awhile now. These look really nice with the front slide serrations exclusive to the .45

The only thing that keeps me from getting this is the capacity......10+1, really?:(
How many times do you plan on missing your target?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
How many times do you plan on missing your target?
lol You never plan on missing it just depends on stress and situation. I think S&W could have fit 3 or 4 more rounds in that full size mag easily.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
lol You never plan on missing it just depends on stress and situation. I think S&W could have fit 3 or 4 more rounds in that full size mag easily.
Have you seen the 14 rounder with grip extension for the 45? That thing sticks out like morning wood. Very obtrusive. :lol:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Have you seen the 14 rounder with grip extension for the 45? That thing sticks out like morning wood. Very obtrusive. :lol:
[email protected] wood! I'm not a fan of any +1or 2, use of longer mags with spacers or any kind of mag mod.

I believe a gun should be ran with the original factory mag(I've had bad experiences that have taught me that) the only exception IMO is Wilson1911 mags.

I think S&W could have at least brought their .45 up to what Springfield has done with 13+1 or like FNH's FNX 15+1:eek:.............:cool:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
The 14 round magazine is a factory mag. Actually it also comes with the factory grip extension now. Here it is in Coyote Product: M&P 45 Cal Magazine with Brown Extension 14 Rd

Im actually glad they stopped there. It tailors toward the concealed carry crowd. Very versatile.

When I want to really hide my 9c, I throw in the 12 rounder with flat base pad (4.25" OAH) then when I feel a lil more free, I throw in the 17 rounder. That allows for a full size grip(obviously) on a compact.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
[email protected] wood! I'm not a fan of any +1or 2, use of longer mags with spacers or any kind of mag mod.

I believe a gun should be ran with the original factory mag(I've had bad experiences that have taught me that) the only exception IMO is Wilson1911 mags.

I think S&W could have at least brought their .45 up to what Springfield has done with 13+1 or like FNH's FNX 15+1:eek:.............:cool:
The FNX 15rd mags have a huge, bulbous baseplate that stick out under the grip.

That's why I like like my Para P14's...

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
You stuff too many .45's in there, or make it legit double stack and you alienate lady handed shooters.

I have no issue with this but it's smart practice when you make a service pistol.

Go home Beretta 92's and wonder why there's not 40 rounds of 9mm in them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts