1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 inch compensated like a boss
Its now on the top 3 list of guns i need
500 grain Hornady

Heres a cool still pic, it has an impressive muzzle flash.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Those are sweet guns. I've never shot one but would jump at the chance to in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
261 Posts
4 inch compensated like a boss
Its now on the top 3 list of guns i need
500 grain Hornady

Heres a cool still pic, it has an impressive muzzle flash.
:twisted: Heck Yeah...my buddy picked one of these up. Hasn't shot it yet. I want to be there when he does though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It is a very cool gun, I have wanted one for a while now. I haven't shot one yet, but my buddy just moved back here and has one. So hopefully I will soon.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea every one was like OMG @ some guys with a deagle next to us then we shot that and were like LOL.
My friends GF was videoing us shoot and everytime the gun fired u can see the camera jump from her flinching lol.
If you get a chance to shoot a 500 jump on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can probably save a few bucks by getting a nice used one. I've seen quite a few on the S&W forum for sale because the seller fired it a few times and decided it is too much for him. :lol:

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is wicked slick!

(Please tell me you got some ear plugs in :D )

·
Registered
465 Posts
I shot one recently. WOW! I fired a .480 Ruger right before it. No comparison at all. The 500 is one bad mother. Now I find myself in the same boat. Gotta have one now.

G

·
You can probably save a few bucks by getting a nice used one. I've seen quite a few on the S&W forum for sale because the seller fired it a few times and decided it is too much for him. :lol:
Not to mention the ammo cost. I bet it must be really expensive to shoot.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Do you know how it compares to a 2.5" Super Redhawk in .454 Casull? Just wondering how to gauge it since that's the nastiest handgun I have ever fired.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
From what I can find with a quick internet search, 20 rounds of factory ammo is anywhere from $30 to $50 dollars.
I don't own a 500 S&W but I'm glad I reload my ammo and I can only imagine if you are a normal person you would have to reload to afford to feed that beast! Yeah, I want one too :twisted:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
That gun is a BLAST! Literally. Lots of "flash-bang". It's not a beast as portrayed on YouTube videos. Most of the people shooting it are young, slender women who have not been instructed in the proper way to hold a gun and have not been told that it DOES have some recoil.

That being said-using proper grip techniques, it's completely manageable. It does kick and is probably best shot DA.

Our local range rents them and although rounds are $3/ea., it's always a lot of fun!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did it fly back and almost hit you in the head??
No,didn't even come close. The muzzle pointed at the roof the first time I shot it with sweaty hands but after putting on gloves I held on better.
Forgot to mention that its accurate,on my second shot I hit a bullseye. That's probably due to the super light SA pull though =p

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and a 20 round box of hornady 500 grains was 63 after tax

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I prefer the .460....Much cheaper ammo, higher velocity, and still quite a kick. Unfortunately, the .460 doesn't come in a 4 inch barrel, but I've had my eye on a couple of the 2.5 inch ES models and may pick one up if the price is right.....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I prefer the .460....Much cheaper ammo, higher velocity, and still quite a kick. Unfortunately, the .460 doesn't come in a 4 inch barrel, but I've had my eye on a couple of the 2.5 inch ES models and may pick one up if the price is right.....
Havnt shot one but being able to shoot 460, 45 LC and 454 casull is really cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts