Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went shooting with some buddies yesterday and we all shot our carry guns. One buddy carries a G19 Gen 4 and the other guy carries a CZ full size 9mm. I forgot to look at the model. I actually liked the feel the of the G19 but did not care for the CZ at all. Something about the grip texture on it didn't feel right. Even though I liked the G19 I would not want to carry it for my EDC. To me it is to big for my body.

Another guy rented a S&W 686 .357 mag bought a box of .38 Special. I shot it a few times and found it to be an updated version of my Model 28 Highway Patrolman although my gun shoots better due to the trigger job.

The guy who rented this gun wanted to shoot my XDs 9mm and my XDsc .40. The first shot out of my XDs made him grimace in pain. It kinda surprised me until I saw his support hand thumb... he had a gash running parallel to his first knuckle. I realized immediately what he had done. He had shot the revolver first and I had showed him how to place his thumb across the back strap to keep it away from the cylinder gap. He repeated this hold with my XDs with the above mentioned result. I apologized for the oversight and showed him the stacked thumbs method. I didn't realize he was that much of a newbie...

After this minor mishap a fun time was had by all and I am pretty sure I will be keeping my Springfields especially for my EDC guns... :)

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Just bought a 686+ 3 inch and I'm on the hunt for a 3 inch 44 mag..:roll::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
For a sec I thought this was going to be a joke thread. ;)

J/K, physical injuries aside, sounds like a fun day at the range.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Gotta love a 4" 686 I have the + model.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Stop dicking around and get into revolver shooting.

The fast flat magnums are fun.

I need to get a .41 magnum but there's only two models around anymore.

A classic model 57 would be the sweet stuff.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Stop dicking around and get into revolver shooting.

The fast flat magnums are fun.

I need to get a .41 magnum but there's only two models around anymore.

A classic model 57 would be the sweet stuff.
.41 Mag's are great fun. I have a Blackhawk. Accurate and with hot 210gr Underwood loads, will drop anything in the woods. ;)

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Love the 686. LOVE CZ's.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love the 686. LOVE CZ's.
This CZ had stippling just on the raised parts of the grip (logo, grip ridges, etc...). It looked factory but but I couldn't tell as this was the first CZ I had handled or fired. If the stippling is not factory it was very clean and well done. I wish I had remembered to get the model number so you CZ guys would know what I am talking about.

If I would ever sell my Model 28 I would strongly consider a 686 and maybe a GP100 as I have handled and shot both revolvers.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
This CZ had stippling just on the raised parts of the grip (logo, grip ridges, etc...). It looked factory but but I couldn't tell as this was the first CZ I had handled or fired. If the stippling is not factory it was very clean and well done. I wish I had remembered to get the model number so you CZ guys would know what I am talking about.

If I would ever sell my Model 28 I would strongly consider a 686 and maybe a GP100 as I have handled and shot both revolvers.
Was it a polymer based pistol? If it was, it was probably the compact P-07 which is about the size if a G19 or the P-09 which is the big brother of the P-07. They both have a small patch of stippling high on the frame for a place to locate your trigger finger and thumb. I just put Cajon Gun Works parts in my P-07 this morning and it made a big difference. I'm considering a P-09 now for a SHTF and as another option for HD.

My first revolver will be a black GP100 with a 4" barrel. I hear the 686 has a better trigger but it costs considerably more. I hear a person can't go wrong with either.

Did the CZ look like this or a closer to a full size?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was it a polymer based pistol? yes

Did the CZ look like this or a closer to a full size? This looks like the one I shot. It was very similar in size to the G19 I shot.
This is the grip that I am talking about. I shot it as good as I could with the horrible sights on it. The owner said he was shopping for new sights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts