Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a range officer was showing me a few things with my stance. He said to find a small target other than center mass to zero in your aim. So a fly lands on the target and I jokingly said ok whats smaller than a fly at 7 yards. Took stance and aim just as he showed me. Breathed in and out and then slowly pulled trigger and BAM! He looked at me and said "Dude I didnt see it fly away, did you?" So we go look at the target and sure enough I got him! As you can see from the pic there is fly guts splattered! I can die a happy man!

Btw was using my XDm 3.8 9mm

Hows that Mr. Miyagi?

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
That should be good for a animal cruelty citation from PETA

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Cool! I use to shoot them with rubber bands.:)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are so cocky! They think they are so fast and can fly away from anything.:rolleyes: All I did was shed a little bit of reality and he died as a learning experience to other flies. Hey who knows how many other flies lives are saved from this lesson.... we may never know

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Good warm up; now for the tough one. Let's see a pic of one with it's wings shot off...seriously though-good shooting.

·
Premium Member
128,401 Posts
You da man!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Thats pretty awesome! Good shooting!

·
Registered
428 Posts
You must've gotten the same tips I did. My instructor drew a dot about half the size of a thumb tack and had me shoot at it with 2 rounds, within 3 seconds, from the holster. Ill say you did better, cause you did it first try. That's some darn good shooting. Everything I was doing wrong was trigger press.

·
Administrator
22,473 Posts
Is it dead?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@XD9ccsd I would say you did better. Drawing from the holster and firing 2 rounds in 3 seconds hitting it with the second round is pretty damn good. I had may be about 4 seconds but did not draw from a holster. I was able to set and breathe. I am by no means a master shot (yet) but I am getting better and it seams when I do everything right I get dead on and that is happening more frequently :p

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
:shock:

Holy s**t!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts