Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB holster for my 3.3" XDs .45 about 5 weeks ago. ETA was 6 weeks. Showed up in 5. I never wanted a hybrid holster because I simply could not imagine it being comfortable to wear a huge swatch of leather instead of a smaller one.

Well after a few days here in SE Texas over 100° I can tell you I am glad I got it. I might still get another smaller holster, but for the price of about $30 it is a darned good investment.

Just a little tinkering got it all adjusted just like I wanted insofar as height and cant. A little more got it riding where it needed to ride - which is a little further back than I am used to with a smaller IWB holster. An idiosyncrasy of this design I am thinking. I tried to carry it where I normally do and it was not comfortable. I had to pull it around back to about 5 o'clock to get it feeling right.

It will definitely take some getting used to. BUT... it tucks the grip in nice and tight in my spare tire and disappears under a pull over shirt, untucked or tucked. FWIW a tuckable is a requirement for me.

So for anyone on the fence about one of these, I recommend an Alien Gear. For the price you simply cannot beat it and then you will know if you like the hybrid and can live with it without paying $100-$125.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Awesome review, I have the original one but have order and it should be on it's way the leather 2.0 and some extra clip. I would like to have it before I go on my trip back east next month. Thank you sir.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts