Springfield XD Forum banner

Shooting the sub-compact

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dave_in_delaware 
#1 ·
Any tips on shooting the sub? I have a fullsized and can shoot very accurately with it. However, I have to pray for the rounds to land where I want them when I use the sub-compact. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
you have to remember that the subby has a 3" barrel it does not take much to change you P.O.I as stated try some mag ext. and practice at a closer distance 7-10 yrds.

#5 ·
Are you trying to target shoot with a firearm specifically designed for close range (less than 20 feet) self-defense?

good luck

Tom

#7 ·
.40USP said:
Any tips on shooting the sub? I have a fullsized and can shoot very accurately with it. However, I have to pray for the rounds to land where I want them when I use the sub-compact. Any suggestions?
I’m surprised that no has yet suggested getting a trigger job from http://www.pistol-gear.com/pistolsmith.php.

Many experienced XD owners on this forum have recommended trigger jobs to improve your accuracy. Also, I have found that dry fire practice on a snap cap has slightly smoothed the trigger operation.

As soon as I can afford it, I will be sending my XD-40 Service to Canyon Creek for their highly rated trigger improvement modification.

Tom

#8 ·
I'm still learning how to be accurate w/ my XD-9 subbie. My fiancee, on the other hand, is awesome with one. It's true about having a 3" barrel and the POI changing really easily. The subbie isn't as forgiving as the other models. We practice at self defense distances though, within 20 feet. If you're trying to go past that with the subbie, good luck!

+1 on Pierce grip extensions

Or using the high cap mags w/ sleeves (unless concealed carry is an issue)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.