Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtu.be/ZIBl4ZfBBMs

I dunno how to embed the video. If someone else wants to, go nuts.

I've only been shooting local IDPA-style shoots for a little over a year. I figured I'd shoot for accuracy and the speed would follow and I know I did get a little faster but I feel like I've leveled out. If anyone had any tips on how to really hammer out those double taps feel free to post them.

If it's really nothing but practice....I'm working on it :)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Can you aim/point the camera up more or is it locked into one position?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no adjustments to be had on them. Like I wrote in the comments on YouTube you really have no way of knowing where they're pointed but I will be coming up with some way of having them sit a little higher.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's why I looked at them for a moment after the shooting was done. I wasn't sure if you'd be able to see the holes or not. You can't, but they were all 0's. They better have been for as slow as I shoot.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For now, the problem seems to be fixed. I cut a thin strip of some sort of neoprene type stuff I have laying around that's about 1mm thick and stuck it in the nose piece. Just messing around the house it seems a lot better.

I have shoots the next 3 weekends in a row so stay tuned for new videos.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I hope their is a sold back stop behind that fence and not someones house.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I hope their is a sold back stop behind that fence and not someones house.
haha! that's the first thing I thought too when I saw the vid.
This was the progression of facial expression
clicking link: :)
YouTube loading and first 1s of video: :eek:
Seeing the cinder-blocks to the right leading up to a dirt-backstop with wood-fencing above :shock:
Firing of first clip :?:

but to give mention to the iKam... looks pretty good as far as clarity goes.
How much "video time" can you get? and how does it look on your face? I'm assuming they're not very inconspicuous :p

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Pretty freak'n cool ... I want !!!

For others who are interested, here's the spec's - Hunter Specialties

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The chicken wire fence that holds the targets
is in front of a dirt bank. The 'cinder blocks' are 3'x2x2'
solid concrete.

If it's good enough for the clubs insurance company it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's pretty obvious that they're not normal safety/sun glasses but they're not AWFUL. I put them on to shoot then wear normal safety glasses when I'm not up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
There are no adjustments to be had on them. Like I wrote in the comments on YouTube you really have no way of knowing where they're pointed but I will be coming up with some way of having them sit a little higher.
The way I move my image up is by putting the handles of the glasses on the ears instead of on top of the ears. They stay still and take better video:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you fix your grip on the gun it will help speed up your second hits. The gun is recoiling up and a little to the left. If you take your support hand thumb extend it towards the target and press down on the take down lever it will help keep the pistol flatter on recoil. I can consistently get my XD9 tactical down to .12 splits with hits on target. I have gotten it down to a .09 on way more than one occasion. Here is a video that shows the grip a little better. At 6.02 I let loose on a target.
:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts