Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really considering going over to leadcast bullets from plated (Berrys Rainiers) due to the cost savings. But before I make the leap maybe some people can chime in on there experience with lead vs plated. If this has been covered in another thred I appologize. I looked quite a good bit on this forum and others, Any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'm really considering going over to leadcast bullets from plated (Berrys Rainiers) due to the cost savings. But before I make the leap maybe some people can chime in on there experience with lead vs plated. If this has been covered in another thred I appologize. I looked quite a good bit on this forum and others, Any input will be appreciated.
I shoot lead RNFP bullets exclusively at the range and they work fine in the XD(M) however Lead SWC do not work well in other XDs so I don't have any to try in the XD(M). I am currently shooting moly coated lead bullets and they too work very well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I shoot a 180 gr fp cast lead bullet in my XDM 40 and a 145 gr RN cast lead bullet in my 9mm XDM. Both are a little smoky but they are range loads. I use Berry's plated for matches with both guns. I have shot a few thousand moly bullets out of my other 9mm but they are almost as smoky as the cast bullets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might try Home Page Black Bullets International, they have polymer coated lead bullets that work really well. It used to be Master Blaster until they sold out. They don’t smoke like lead bullets and are almost as cheep as all lead. And they shoot softer than jacketed bullets. I shoot the 180 TC in my XDM for USPSA Production and my wife shoots them in her Glock 34 9mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts