Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i want to get into shooting competitions. the only comp i've shot is a GSSF with my Glock 26. i want to start shooting IDPA, USPSA, NRA and so on in stock production classes in 9mm. anyone doing ths with their XD. what mods can i do if any for what competition. any comments or advice? thanks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I use a Xdm 4.5" 9mm in IDPA in the Stock Service Pistol class. This class is equal to Production class in USPSA. The only mods I have done is install a red HI Viz fiber optic front sight and add Talon grip to the grip.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I have shot some IDPA with my stock XD40 service.

No mods are needed. Just shoot and have fun.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use a Xdm 4.5" 9mm in IDPA in the Stock Service Pistol class. This class is equal to Production class in USPSA. The only mods I have done is install a red HI Viz fiber optic front sight and add Talon grip to the grip.

I thought that XDs had to shoot ESP division? I've shot IDPA twice and each time I've asked a few people what division XDs are in and they all told me ESP, thought I remember hearing the same things on this forum too.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I thought that XDs had to shoot ESP division? I've shot IDPA twice and each time I've asked a few people what division XDs are in and they all told me ESP, thought I remember hearing the same things on this forum too.
I don't know what to tell ya. I declare my gun each time I shoot and I am scored in "SSP". But next time I shoot, I will ask for clarification. Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Per IDPA, XD's are ESP.

However, some local matches really don't care as they recognize XD's are essentially the same as Glocks in SSP.

If you are new and want to get in reps for your own personal experience and gain, it really doesn't matter. Your only competition is yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts