Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went to the range on Sunday after who know how long of not shooting my XD. I shot approximately 100 rounds of WWB and I was surprised that my best shots were from my 2 strings of strong hand unsupported and weak hand unsupported. The rest were consistently lower than they should've been. Is there an easy explanation for this strange phenomenon? I mean I know pistols were meant to be fired one handed but I always thought a supporting hand would increase accuracy not take away from it.

Krackels

·
Registered
125 Posts
Could be that you are actually concentrating on your shooting style and aim a little more when you shoot one handed. I know I can shoot a little better one handed most times. Make sure to practice keeping both eyes open.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Yes, I bet you are taking more time and effort on each shot. That is usualy the way it is. Since it is not familiar feeling you concentrate on sight picture and squeeze. Shooting one handed is good skill to have, I try to practice it at least once per month. I have also started to shoot plates on handed now and have my time down to 4.96 seconds, strong hand only. Need to work on my weak hand shooting before I try plates with it though, lol.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense thanks.

Krackels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts