Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does all xdm's shoot high. I've read the post about 6 o'clock hold. I would like to go with a night sight. Will changing sights cure my issue? What is the best night sight?

merry hoho

·
Premium Member
127,778 Posts
I don't have an XDM, but I have TruGlo TFOs on three of my XDs.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Mine shoots consistently low and left. It does this supported, unsupported, and for two other experienced shooters I've let try. I'm getting the "Dawson adjustable sight" fix for it. It seems kinda pathetic that my GF's Taurus 24/7 Pro shoots better than my XDm9.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Have you guys called SA to get them fixed? I've heard they have great service.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine shoots low and left also but I've read a few people that have had a trigger job/kit installed and it "cured" the low left problem. Maybe it's just a byproduct of the gun moving during the long factory trigger pull.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Low and left is very often the shooter and not the pistol.

The fact that 3 people above report the same issue adds weight to this "theory". . .

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Mine shoots low and left also but I've read a few people that have had a trigger job/kit installed and it "cured" the low left problem. Maybe it's just a byproduct of the gun moving during the long factory trigger pull.
+1. I tried some dry fire and i could see I was moving the gun. I'll be doing more dry fire practice soon. I may get a cheap laser to help see the movement.

·
Registered
211 Posts
quote]

+1... took me about 500rnds and some careful attention to trigger pull / grip to get used to how my XDm shoots. Too much finger on the trigger at first was causing me to pull slightly down and to left. When I do it right, the sights are dead on.... practice dry firing and watch the sights as you pull through the striker release. Could be the sights, but it's commonly folks just being new to the XD trigger...

Several folks on here told me so, but I had to go prove it to myself... they were right :D

Alchemist77

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
does all xdm's shoot high. I've read the post about 6 o'clock hold. I would like to go with a night sight. Will changing sights cure my issue? What is the best night sight?

merry hoho
Although the XDM is supposed to be a 25 meter POA, it shoots high for me, too. Even with the Truglo TFOs. Even from the bench.

·
Registered
160 Posts
"It's always the shooter, but the stock XD trigger doesn't help matters."

yah...alot of it has to do with trigger pull and grip on the handle...but alot of ppl think its the gun so they do modifications to the sights and trigger to "solve" theyre problems when all they need is a bit more practice

·
Registered
14 Posts
quote]

+1... took me about 500rnds and some careful attention to trigger pull / grip to get used to how my XDm shoots. Too much finger on the trigger at first was causing me to pull slightly down and to left. When I do it right, the sights are dead on.... practice dry firing and watch the sights as you pull through the striker release. Could be the sights, but it's commonly folks just being new to the XD trigger...

Several folks on here told me so, but I had to go prove it to myself... they were right :D

Alchemist77
Good advice. In the military same thing....practice and some more
practice with *your* weapon.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
ITS THE SHOOTER NOT THE GUN!!!! 99% of the time

·
Registered
948 Posts
i agree i put 1000 rds in my xdm 9mm before i could get the feel of it.dry fire would have save alot of ammo but it is the key.i don't own a glock but i bet if you were on glock talk they would say the same thing low to the left or high to the left.new glock or sig what have you it takes time to get the triger pull down.:cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is insane. If you dont have the gun shooting straight where you want it in <200 rounds sell it and buy another.

At that point it is surely not a natural fit for you.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
This is insane. If you dont have the gun shooting straight where you want it in <200 rounds sell it and buy another.

At that point it is surely not a natural fit for you.
I would respectfully disagree. After 500 rds I am shooting great and very comfortable with the gun. I too was shooting low and left, completely a trigger pull issue. Teaching myself the feel of the correct pull, it is now second nature.

A lot of dry firing helps.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts