Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason that I can't explain when I shoot my XD 40 Service at an indoor range my accuracy is soooo much better than outdoors. The distances are the same 25 to 35 feet. I wonder if the limited peripheral view or vision at an indoor range makes me concentrate more.?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one-eyed-fatman said:
Might try different shooting glasses when outdoors. Maybe the red or yellow lens would help.
Hmmmm....I was wearing yellow tinted lenses inside. We will see. :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
When shooting outdoors you have the elements to deal with (wind,temp.,humidity). Indoors usually eliminates some of these factors. That may be some of the problem!

·
Registered
49 Posts

I just got the gun today. These were the first shots with the gun brought straight from the showfloor into the range - no cleaning/lube or anything. I am used to 9mm, not 40. I like this gun a lot. It's time to order a case of ammo...

This was indoors, handheld, not rested against anything.

ppmd

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
When your shooting at the indoor range are you leaning against the shooting bench/shelf in the booth. I find I do that an it helps my shooting quite a bit.

mcb

·
Registered
54 Posts
I definitely shoot better indoors, but have more fun outdoors. Almost always don't use a rest at all so I know that is not it. Maybe it is the difference between yellow and clear peeper covers.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Makes no difference to me. I shoot indoors and out. Target loses the bullseye no matter what. Must be defective targets, they go out in one piece and come back with ragged hole in the middle. What gives? :D

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
mcb said:
When your shooting at the indoor range are you leaning against the shooting bench/shelf in the booth. I find I do that an it helps my shooting quite a bit.

mcb
I lean against nothing in a range. That's cheating :D

manygunner said:
Makes no difference to me. I shoot indoors and out. Target loses the bullseye no matter what. Must be defective targets, they go out in one piece and come back with ragged hole in the middle. What gives? :D
Im sure you shoot those bulls out at 75 yards too. :lol:

·
Registered
416 Posts
My experience has been quite the opposite. I shoot much better outdoors. With me it's a lighting issue. Indoor ranges tend to be dimly lit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not to stray to far from topic but what ammunition are you going to order a case of?

Cheapest I found is 1,000rounds 40S&W of Ultramax for $115, Wolf 1,000 rounds for $125.

Is there anything out there cheaper? I have the links to those two if you need them.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
NExd said:
mcb said:

mcb
I lean against nothing in a range. That's cheating :D
I agree, that is cheating. Anyone can shoot better with any sort of support.

manygunner said:
Im sure you shoot those bulls out at 75 yards too. :lol:
Yup! With my STG-58 it's easy. :D Long distance, the next best thing to being there. Seriously I never shoot further then 25 yds with a handgun, what's the point? Handguns were meant to be used to fight your way to your rifle. I am thinking about taking a course that is offered at an academy here where you do shoot handguns for qualification at 100 yards, among other things. BTW, I can shoot upside down, can you?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
Not to stray to far from topic but what ammunition are you going to order a case of?

Cheapest I found is 1,000rounds 40S&W of Ultramax for $115, Wolf 1,000 rounds for $125.

Is there anything out there cheaper? I have the links to those two if you need them.

I shoot Miwall reloads that I buy at gunshows. Brass cased and good quality, very reliable. I forget what I pay for a case. They are also sold over the net by OMC at www.outdoormarksman.com . The internet price is $115 for 1000 rnds of 180 Gr TMJ, plus shipping. At the gun shows here in WA it is was cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts