Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 4 inch XDc .45 ACP, flat dark earth and SS, I have had a lot of guns but just didnt like something about the looks of the XD for the last few years, then I saw this gun and I was able to trade a keltec and taurus for it and it came with a galco, high noon, and serpa... decent trade. Anyways to the important part, i go to the range and just start shooting a jagged hole in my target.... i was SHOCKED at how this gun fits me... it is like a glove. The trigger is just perfect feeling to me compared to any other polymers i have shot. I know it is probably not anymore accurate then other guns and probably not as accurate as the XDM's either but I just realized how important it is for a gun to set up to you good to be able to shoot groups. Every time i picked it up it seemed like it just wanted to migrate to the perfect gripping. I think my glocks are probably getting traded as well..... So my one question is do the other XD's like a xdc 9mm set up to you guys in a similar fashion as your .45 xd's??

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Maybe the third time I was out shooting since buying my XD-9 I did a pretty decent job of tearing a hole in the middle of my target. The guy in the booth next to me was really curious what my gun was that I was shooting so well.

I love my XD.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I completely agree with you. I too purchased a XD .45 Compact, and it fits me very well too. I come from a strong 1911 diet, and its really nice to finally find a polymer frame pistol that doesnt make my muscle memory shoot 8" high during a point shoot.

Its really instinctive, and the shorter grip just tucks into my hand really well. On top of that, it feels like a single stack...which is a plus in my book.

Its everything I wanted in a polymer frame pistol, and nothing I didnt.

And it stacks .45 TMJ's on top of each other at 30ft easily.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. You should head over to the welcome center and introduce yourself.
Glad to hear it works for you so well, no matter what brand it is, the most important thing is that it works for you and you feel confident and comfortable handling it.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You should post some pics of the gun too!!!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
This is 15 yards when I had my XDM9. I've had similar results with my XD 9 Service.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So went back to the range with my old lady (she started shooting nice groups right off the bat as well), she liked my new XD the best of any guns ive had so we sold my glock and I have another XD on the way from Buds!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts