Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an XD9 and the trigger return spring broke so that the trigger wouldn't reset. I called SA Customer Service and they gave me an RMA number and advised me to ship it Next Day Fed Ex or UPS. Just as an afterthought I told them it was a Law Enforcement Duty Gun. That got her attention, and she advised me that they rush all work on LE guns, and she put a "flag" on my RMA number.
On THURSDAY I brought the gun to a UPS Store. The nice lady was somewhat concerned that I couldn't disassemble the gun (remember you have to pull the trigger to get the slide off the receiver, and my trigger was broken) but I put that orange plastic thingie in the chamber and she was satisfied. The orange plastic thingie came with the gun when I bought it.
Cost was $45 for shipping plus packing and materials and insurance, total was $61. I just gave her the gun and she packed it and shipped it.
The gun was fixed (broken trigger return spring replaced for free) and shipped to my Police Department on WEDNESDAY. That's SIX days! Actually, FOUR working days!
XD9 back on my hip, I called SA Customer Service inquiring on reimbursement for my shipping costs. Megan told me they'd reimburse me up to $50, just fax Tracy my UPS receipt. Said it'll take 3 weeks for the check to come.
I am impressed with that kind of customer service! Not happy that the trigger return spring broke, but hey, these are machines working at 45,000 c.u.p.

·
Registered
539 Posts
wow.... too bad i'm not an LEO... my gun was having i think the same exact problem, and its still at SA. Hey, did you have ur stock guide rod in there or the don's guide rod? Just wondering if they gave you any trouble if you had the don's in there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric, my guide rod is the factory 2-spring captive. The trigger malfunction: at about my 2,000th round (two-month-old gun) the trigger stayed to the rear and flopped back and forth, and wouldn't reset even after manually pushing the trigger to the front position, where it wouldn't stay.
I wonder how the SA gunsmiths got the slide off the receiver?

·
Registered
539 Posts
abnrgrcol said:
Eric, my guide rod is the factory 2-spring captive. The trigger malfunction: at about my 2,000th round (two-month-old gun) the trigger stayed to the rear and flopped back and forth, and wouldn't reset even after manually pushing the trigger to the front position, where it wouldn't stay.
I wonder how the SA gunsmiths got the slide off the receiver?
Well through the hole in the back of the slide, you can manual release the sear to release the striker and disassemble the gun. At least that was what i read on this forum after i sent my gun in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts