Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question.

I am getting ready to ship my XD back to Springfield Armory to be refinished (I hope). SA told me to ship it Fed Ex or UPS Ground.

Just looked at the Fed Ex site and according to their policy, handguns are on their list of prohibited items.

Those of you who have shipped your gun back to SA, what method did you use?

Thanks,

MJK

·
Registered
122 Posts
If I remember correctly SA did not care how they received the gun when I sent it to them for a refinish. It will be sent back to you overnight like all firearms.
If you read their rules somewhere then you might as well follow them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can ship USPS From FFL (holder) to FFL (holder) Only

FEDEX:
Firearms
FedEx Express can only accept and deliver firearms between areas served in the U.S. under the following conditions: You agree to tender shipments of firearms to us only when either the shipper or recipient is a licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, licensed dealer or licensed collector and is not prohibited from making such shipments by federal, state or local regulations. The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable state law.
Firearms must be shipped FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. or with a signature release. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx is required to notify the FedEx employee who accepts the package that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.

UPS:
The shipper must affix a UPS label, requesting an adult signature upon delivery, to each package containing a firearm.
Packages containing handguns must be shipped via UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, or UPS Next Day Air Saver® service.
Packages containing handguns must be segregated from other packages being tendered to UPS. Handgun shippers must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Counter clerk of any package containing a handgun

DHL/Airborne Express does not Take Firearms Period.

(Of Course you can not/should not ship a firearm with any ammunition, Period)

(Please correct me if I am wrong)

If its just the slide, then you can send it anyway with whomever you want.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just shipped mine via FedEx a few days ago.

It has to be in a sealed box before entering the store. You need to tell them it's a firearm and you're shipping it back to the manufacturer. Then apparently they have to ask if there's ammo in the box, which is a no-no. Just ship if Standard Overnight vs Express Overnight, that's what Megan at SA told me. Ended up costing me $30.53

1 - 5 of 5 Posts