Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have a problem with paying six dollars shipping for a $7-$8 (pearce grip extension) part?

I just hate it. They can't be found on the shelf anywhere I have looked. :evil:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I hear ya. I usually find something else to buy there to help me justify the shipping costs.

Probably not the most cost-effective solution, but it makes me feel better about it.

And then there's always those "Free Shipping" deals if you spend over $100!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I found them for my wife's gun and the XD line at a local trading post but they didn't have the XDM. Comparing what I paid for the one for the wife's gun and to what Pearce had listed at on their site...I would have paid about the same for them either way...by the time I figured in state sales tax and the local guy's mark up.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
When you figure actual shipping costs, the time and effort to pull a small part from stock or off the shelf, package it, get it to the shipper (small businesses may not have pickup), and mail it - $6-$7 really isn't bad. Unless the gun store is really big, you can't expect to find parts for every make and model gun on the shelf. The store will stock what sells. If they get several requests for a part, they will stock maybe one or two. The first two customers who see it, get it.

It's a bummer, for sure, but like my Daddy used to say, "It may be crooked, but it's the only game in town."

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Well as an exqmple when I sell them, I charge right under six dollars for shipping even when shipping just one 1.00 roll pin. But every thing I ship goes out priority mail. The cheapest priority mail is 5.95 and this is the chepest "expidited" shipping method ups/fedex is more expensive. So for me as an example I charge almost exact what it costs me to ship. So the shipping to product price seems high but thats actual shipping. Yes you can mail things first class........but those packeges seem to disapear more often. Now if that company charges that much and then ships first class well thats a different story.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Ask your LGS to order you some... Or as mentioned, find some other items to also buy (or get more than just 1) so it will make the shipping charge more palatable.

Are you never planning on getting any extra mags? Get 3 extensions now. That would make it a $6 shipping charge for a $21-$24 worth of merchandise. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ask your LGS to order you some... :)

This is what I just did. I wanted some pearce grip extensions, and didn't want to pay so much shipping that I was pretty much getting charged for an extra grip extension.

I went to a few gun shops around, some of them had extensions for glocks and other guns, but none for XDMs. Every shop offered to order me some extensions.

The last store I went to check, I didn't see any kind of extensions at all in their store. They still offered to order me some. I had them order me 3 extensions, $10 each, which is pretty much the same as what the pearce website charges for them, with no shipping cost for me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think about it... They fit into a first class mail envelope. A little lumpy, yeah. Six bucks for shipping is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to go back east (Jamestown, NY) for my father's passing. I stopped into M&M Sportsden where we dealt when I was shooting skeet 30 years ago. He ordered one for me, and mailed it to me in Utah.

Total investment was $13! Beat THAT!:D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts