Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father's Estate Attorney need to send me his Luger that he took off the Nazi who shot him at Normandy> I need to know hot to get this from Arizona to Texas. Any have any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Interesting question.
I would imagine a regular FFL transfer would work. See if your FFL will accept from a private (non-FFL) sender and since there's no Sale occurring, if they'd process it any differently than a sale transfer. I would imagine that the ammo would need to be sent separately (as usual).

Is there a family member you could meet (half way) in New Mexico, for a hand-off?
(unsure about the legality of this... IIRC, You can "Buy" in any State bordering TX, but...)

It's not illegal to own a Nazi Issue weapon... I have a 3rd Reich P-38.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Me personally? With the intrinsic value of that weapon, I would drive there and take possession of it in person. I wouldn't trust anyone to safely deliver it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Me personally? With the intrinsic value of that weapon, I would drive there and take possession of it in person. I wouldn't trust anyone to safely deliver it.

Yeah man, don't risk it even a little bit. That's a priceless symbol and an heirloom.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
FFL to FFL would be the best way. Go to your closest gun shop, explain the situation and see if he will do a handgun transfer. If so, then have the guy in AZ do the same thing with an FFL dealer near him.
It's a simple paperwork thing that the gun shop owners are used to doing.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Agreed on this, do not ship it.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
I'd ship it in a heartbeat.

Have an FFL ship it via USPS Registered Mail. Make sure to insure it to it's appraised value.

To remain legal you are going to need to go through an FFL.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You can go and pick it up if it is willed as part of an estate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts