Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read someplace that Shield also makes other Red Dots. One of them being the Trijicon RMR. Is this true?? Also what other Red Dots do they make and do you have a link??

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I read someplace that Shield also makes other Red Dots. One of them being the Trijicon RMR. Is this true?? Also what other Red Dots do they make and do you have a link??
That is absolutely NOT true.

The Trijicon RMR is made by Trijicon in Michigan and have been on the market for about a decade.

The Shield sights are from someplace in Europe and are lesser quality of a sight. These have been on the market a couple years.

Who ever told you that, you should no longer listen too, as they have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is absolutely NOT true.

The Trijicon RMR is made by Trijicon in Michigan and have been on the market for about a decade.

The Shield sights are from someplace in Europe and are lesser quality of a sight. These have been on the market a couple years.

Who ever told you that, you should no longer listen too, as they have no idea what they are talking about.
I wouldn't say that Sheld is a lesser sight. I have 2 Trijicon RMR both have been sent in to get fixed.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I wouldn't say that Sheld is a lesser sight. I have 2 Trijicon RMR both have been sent in to get fixed.
This was done with a Trijicon RMR in 2012ish to show the toughness of the sight and why milling is a better way to mount.

I dare you to do this with a Shield shight.

Sorry you had bad luck with Trijicon, but that doesn't change the fact that the RMR is American made and a better sight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was done with a Trijicon RMR in 2012ish to show the toughness of the sight and why milling is a better way to mount.

I dare you to do this with a Shield shight.

Sorry you had bad luck with Trijicon, but that doesn't change the fact that the RMR is American made and a better sight.
do a search you can see the same test done on Shield. Two Trijicon RMR over $600.00 each. Both had to be sent in for repairs. Trijicon is a good sight but I wouldn't say that much if any better then Shield

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
do a search you can see the same test done on Shield. Two Trijicon RMR over $600.00 each. Both had to be sent in for repairs. Trijicon is a good sight but I wouldn't say that much if any better then Shield
I'd like to see that video because, well I just doubt it.

I've never paid over $500 for an RMR and the newest was purchased about 6 months ago for $475 shipped.

What was wrong with the two RMR you had to get repaired? Where did you send them for repair?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts