Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of the shield just bought a XDs 9mm.
Now I have 3 Springfields .
Can I use +p in XDs ? Can I use +p in the XDm .How do Hollow points work in the XDs .

John

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Can I use +p in XDs? Can I use +p in the XDm? How do Hollow points work in the XDs?
Yes. Yes. Just fine. My .45 XDS feels odd when cycling Ranger T, but it's never failed to feed any SD ammo. Gold Dots are perfection.

Both my XDm and XDS readily eat 200 gr LSWC reloads as well.

YMMV with a 9mm.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I carry 124gr +p Gold Dots in mine. A little snappier but feeds them quite well. I tend to stay with standard pressure for the range.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congrats man, recently got me one in 45 acp, very nice gun. I carry Cor Bon 165gr +p DPX on mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got a XDm 9mm compact and it is an accurate, sweet pistol. But, I'm keeping my Shield 9mm. It's just so easy to pocket carry - in a kydex pocket holster. I do the same with the xDm, but is not as easy depending on the pants/shorts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I liked my Shield size and weight but it was bad 20 % failure rate shells ejecting at my head and left . It was bad

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The shield is generally a good pistol. But there are duds everywhere. Glad you have a good stable of Xd products. Mine has been good.

And I do agree with your getting rid of a dubious carry gun. They have to flat out work all the time,no matter what!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The Shield is a fine pistol too, but I'm also keen on Sringfields XD line of firearms. Excellent choice and have fun with the new pistola!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I liked my Shield size and weight but it was bad 20 % failure rate shells ejecting at my head and left . It was bad
I have over 1600 rounds through my 9mm Shield with only two FTE with MagTech 115g FMJ. No problem with Blazer Brass FMJ 115 or 124, PMJ FMJ 115 or 124, Federal HST JHP 124, or Remington Golden Saber JHP 124.

Just my experience.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also ditched my shield .40 for the xds. it shoots better than the .40 shield. but my 9mm shield works great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good choice. I had a shield and had nothing but problems with it. I always hear about problems with M&P's in general. Have yet to hear of a problem with a Springfield.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Two shield 40s and two other S&W 3rd gen model 4006 semi autos. No issues with any of them.
Too each there own. Hope the XD works out for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not saying they are all bad. Just saying I am always hearing about problems with M&P's. And never about Springfield. But yes to each their own.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I've never had an issue with my Shield in the two years I've owned it. I can't say that about the XDS45 I had. It's gone now and now I have a XDS9mm and have no issues with it either. When carrying concealed I still prefer the Shield. I put the Talon grips on both and they both shoot very well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had the opposite experience. My shield has been flawless through 800 rounds. My xds post recall has repeated light primer strikes, even though I have thoroughly cleaned the striker channel. I won't get rid of the xds, because I like it. However it won't get carried.
As a rule the xd(m) (s) line is rock solid. Never had one failure out of any other sa product in the safe.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Not saying they are all bad. Just saying I am always hearing about problems with M&P's. And never about Springfield.

Try the search button on just this forum. There are several threads on here about different owner issues. So real some exaggerated as it is with the S&Ws. The "problem gun" owners post about um the ones that work flawlessly we dont hear about. As with anything the squeaky wheel gets all the attention.
Nothing produced by men is perfect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts