Springfield XD Forum banner

Shhhhh!! Keep it secret!

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Myk9noseknows 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone....

Just a little note to let you in on the fact that I will be offering my holsters in Horsehide within a week or two, and will also be offering shark skin trim or as entire holsters.

Please PM me if you are interested to get on the list before we open it up on the website. Include your contact number and I will be in touch with cost once that is set for each holster model. As always, my customers do not pay a dime until their holsters are started so you can always change your mind on the particular firearm, holster style or color, and hey, if you need to cancel an order than is understandable....and besides, the guy in line after you will always be happy to jump up a notch! :p

Here are a couple photos of one of the prototype horsehide holsters: this one is the Ghost IWB for an H&K USPc

I will be happy to answer any questions....

See less See more
#4 ·
I will have a specialty policy for the horsehide and exotic holsters which will be something similar to this:

"Since horsehide and certain exotic leathers and skins availability varies, those customers wishing to have a holster partially, or entirely made of these items may experience longer than typical wait times for their specific leather or skin to become available to me. I will always strive to have enough inventory to meet demand, but supplier availability is beyond my control other than to have back-up suppliers.

In the event a customer's holster comes up for construction, and the specialty leather or skin is not currently in stock, the customer's order will be set aside until that item is back in stock, at which time that specific customer will re-enter the construction process ahead of the next customer in line. This will do nothing to increase wait for the general customer, but will make things right with the customer who had to wait longer due to the material shortage. Additionally, if the shortage of horsehide or the exotic skin or hide appears to be prolonged, the customer(s) ordering that item will be notified with their available options.

In no case will a customer be charged for their holster until all leathers and skins necessary are in stock."

This is a preliminary policy and I may change the wording somewhat, but in general, standard waiting times are about 3-4 weeks with delivery within another 3-4 weeks typically. Final stock should arrive next week at which time I will open the ordering to the general public, not just members from a couple forums.

Hope this helps.

for those wanting a reminder about the Mason Dixon convertible OWB to IWB holster here is another look (this one is the EC version with extra cant....good for standard size firearms:

#6 ·
do you offer other styles of belt attachment, such as C or J clips or just the loops? I love your holster design but am not a fan of loops for a tuckable holster. Kinda kills some of the subltlety for me.

#8 ·
Will the P7 M8 Holster fit the PSP also? Can't see why it wouldn't but need to ask first :wink:
I cannot see why it would not either, but since I do not have that model to compare you would have a bit more insight into the two....I will do some looking, too, but would ask that you check on your end to make sure. Send me a PM with a contact number and we can compare notes so you can make a final decision.

do you offer other styles of belt attachment, such as C or J clips or just the loops? I love your holster design but am not a fan of loops for a tuckable holster. Kinda kills some of the subltlety for me.
I have three types of risers which are dedicated and part of the trademarked design, the all leather one shown, and two differing styles of kydex/leather hybrid risers. As for the loops, I do not offer anything else since the design of the uniclip kydex limits adjustment to an extent....however, there are other makers who offer the clips for resale on their sites and you can purchase them there....one obviously being Comp-Tac. This being said we are working on a fourth design which will be brought to market shortly.....stay tuned for that model.

Shark Skin.. hummmm that sounds cool!
I will be posting a couple pics of shark shortly....for now, let you imagination run wild! :mrgreen:

#10 ·
I have three types of risers which are dedicated and part of the trademarked design, the all leather one shown, and two differing styles of kydex/leather hybrid risers. As for the loops, I do not offer anything else since the design of the uniclip kydex limits adjustment to an extent....however, there are other makers who offer the clips for resale on their sites and you can purchase them there....one obviously being Comp-Tac. This being said we are working on a fourth design which will be brought to market shortly.....stay tuned for that model.
Do you have pics of the different model risers? I couldn't find them on your site. I'm looking for the mason dixon specifically. Thanks!

#11 ·
What are the practical advantages of Shark Skin over cow or horse hide?
Shark skin is simply what I would call an ornamental addition. True, some say it wears well and reduces the chance of a scratch, but I imagine if you worked hard enough at it you could find a way. Basically the shark would be added to your choice of cowhide or horsehide construction.

Do you have pics of the different model risers? I couldn't find them on your site. I'm looking for the mason dixon specifically. Thanks!

I do not have pics yet of the others at the moment, I have been busy getting back to where I should be after Ike caused me to lose some holsters....between the weather knocking out the power, and the loss of some of the holsters, I have been very busy lately. I will have them added when we do our next website update which will be next week. Hopefully the fourth one will be there, too.
thanks for allowing me to answer your questions.

#13 ·
great! i'll be waiting to see those pics and the site update! hope to buy my nice holster end of December and the Mason Dixon is right at the top of the list of contenders!

#14 ·
Look great!!! as soon as I get my XD40 Tactical I will be ordering one of these!!
great! i'll be waiting to see those pics and the site update! hope to buy my nice holster end of December and the Mason Dixon is right at the top of the list of contenders!

thank you both...be happy to assist you.

#15 ·
Very nice holster, I may just have to invest in one. Very nice website layout too.

#19 ·
Very Nice!

#21 ·
This looks like a very good product, and when I can finally take a CCW class I may pick up a holster or more. But because of the title of this thread, everytime I see you post I imagine lots of whispering(stupid brain:D).

#23 ·
I have three types of risers which are dedicated and part of the trademarked design, the all leather one shown, and two differing styles of kydex/leather hybrid risers.
Could you provide the serial or registration number for your trademarked design? Thank you, and I look forward to your response. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.