Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im still pretty new with my 45 service model and was wondering what it would be like to put a suppressor on it. I know its not going to be super quiet like in the movies ive heard silenced weapons b4. I just wanted to know how one could go about doing this and about how much it would cost. Im not even sure if it would be worth it or not but its more for the cool8) factor i guess. Any advice :)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
im still pretty new with my 45 service model and was wondering what it would be like to put a suppressor on it. I know its not going to be super quiet like in the movies ive heard silenced weapons b4. I just wanted to know how one could go about doing this and about how much it would cost. Im not even sure if it would be worth it or not but its more for the cool8) factor i guess. Any advice :)
If you are using sub-sonic ammo ( standard 45ACP IS sub-sonic ) you might be surprised how quiet it is.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did a little research i like gemtech suppressors but i also saw that advanced armament's black box is supposed to be the quitest for the 45. also rocker u say about a 1000 and if thats the case thats almost double the price of the gun and probably not worth it also what do u mean by gov. is there a lic. or fee in order to have one or what. also would i need to buy a new longer barrel or would the stock one work

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i did a little research i like gemtech suppressors but i also saw that advanced armament's black box is supposed to be the quitest for the 45. also rocker u say about a 1000 and if thats the case thats almost double the price of the gun and probably not worth it also what do u mean by gov. is there a lic. or fee in order to have one or what. also would i need to buy a new longer barrel or would the stock one work
Yes there is a license requirement and no you can not use the stock barrel. You will need a threaded portion sticking past the slide to screw the supressor on to. No offense but what do they teach you army guys these days. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes there is a license requirement and no you can not use the stock barrel. You will need a threaded portion sticking past the slide to screw the supressor on to. No offense but what do they teach you army guys these days. ;)
LOL ya none takin. supressors isn't really a subject we go over in BCT. thats what i figured but thats almost 1000 right there a good supressor will cost $400 on up.... and a new barrel is probably about the same right? so its lookin to get expensive real quick and i dont think the :cool: factor is worth all that much so whats the licensing fee run now, and can u get a barrel already threaded or would u have to go to a smith? this is lookin more like $2500 to a $3000 job now:|

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
LOL ya none takin. supressors isn't really a subject we go over in BCT. thats what i figured but thats almost 1000 right there a good supressor will cost $400 on up.... and a new barrel is probably about the same right? so its lookin to get expensive real quick and i dont think the :cool: factor is worth all that much so whats the licensing fee run now, and can u get a barrel already threaded or would u have to go to a smith? this is lookin more like $2500 to a $3000 job now:|
https://www.efkfiredragon.com/products.php?cat=1475

Unless you plan on being rich in the future I would spend the money on another gun.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
yeah i cant really see any reason that you could justify spending that much money just for the 8) go get another gun or something

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Pretty sure suppressors require a class 3 license, which is $200, plus you get fingerprinted (again) and registered with FBI and ATF, who will do an extensive background check. Also, just to get the ball rolling, you'll need your local police chief to sign off on it. More info here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure suppressors require a class 3 license, which is $200, plus you get fingerprinted (again) and registered with FBI and ATF, who will do an extensive background check. Also, just to get the ball rolling, you'll need your local police chief to sign off on it. More info here.

ya the 200 dollers doesn't sound good but being in the military im pretty sure my prints are in every national data base i got printed twice just at MEPS once on paper and once scanned onto a computer. i think everyone is right ill just put my money into another gun possibly another XD or a good shotgun you know

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have several and posted a review in the 45 section. You don't need to get fingerprinted. You don't need LE sign off. Form an LLC, pay your money and wait patiently... My 30 cal can took about 5 months and my 45 took almost a year (waiting for it to get in stock, waiting for it to clear paper...).

D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have several and posted a review in the 45 section. You don't need to get fingerprinted. You don't need LE sign off. Form an LLC, pay your money and wait patiently... My 30 cal can took about 5 months and my 45 took almost a year (waiting for it to get in stock, waiting for it to clear paper...).

D
K stupid question time... An LLC? as in a limited liability company.... what does this do for you to get a suppressor?

·
Registered
465 Posts
there are loads of sites that will walk you through this in detail. YOu can go with a trust or an LLC. My colleagues and I formed an LLC. This has several advangates but the 3 biggees are:
1) No Chief LE sign off.
2) No individual fingerprints...
3) All officers of the LLC own the cans. So if I need to borrow a 223 can from my buddy (who paid for it), I can. We're both officers in the LLC.

The LLC is the way to go for us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts