Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy there everyone, and a happy Good Friday.
Does anyone who has a model 94 win have any stock covers that hold shells that will fit snug and tight over the 94? I have a generic one that won't stay put worth a damn, so I was wondering if anyone had found one that would.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to check it out, but I'm not trying to spend a fortune, considering I got the gun for under 300.

I was looking at some earlier that were over half as much as I paid for the damn gun!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics????

You could always make your own if you know how to sew
Mike, I've had the gun for a while, I made a thread a while back. Just haven't thought about the shell saddle in a while. Thought of it today.

And I can sew basics... Very basics...

It won't let me upload a pic right now.

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
There's plenty of options for a butt stock shell holder. The best ones use straps. Elastic sleeves suck.

I just like the look of leather on the leverguns but most nylon for a centerfire rifle are gonna work.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And if it was half the price, you got a deal on that rifle. Model 94's are going up everyday!
I got what I thought was a good deal, but I'm new to the lever action world. Mind you this is a post 64, made in 72. Some blemishes on the receiver, nothing major. It was really dry and stiff when I got it, the older man who owned it said he put it away for 30 years and I believe him. I oiled it really heavily, and cycled it a couple thousand times, then wiped it down and oiled it normally and it really slicked it up.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Have you thought of contacting El Paso Saddlery?

https://www.epsaddlery.com/

They make everything by hand and their stuff is not cheap but is the highest quality you will find anywhere. 100 year old company, right there on the Texas/Mexico border....they know gun leather and what it should look like!

I own three of their holsters and a 2 mag pouch for 1911 mags and I swear their stuff is the best. Thick leather that is sewn just right and will last a lifetime.

Give them a look...I am almost positive they can fix you up.

Call them - there are tons of things they make that are not on the website. Their customer service is the best.

-brickboy240

1 - 9 of 9 Posts