Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share my disgusting story with you all.

My dad bought me a 9mm XDM for Xmas last year. One of the best fitting guns for my hand ever! I used it as a carry piece for a few months. Shot it a few times. ABSOLUTE LOVED THIS GUN. I have the same ritual every day of my life. Get in my truck to come home. Put my XDM in my console on the drive home. Get home, go in and put it in my night stand. EVERYDAY THE SAME RITUAL! Well.......All but one day.

I get home, my son is playing baseball in the front yard. I get out of my truck.....and immediately start playing ball with him. Not even thinking....Wife calls us in for dinner. Well you guessed it! That night my truck was broken into. And go figure, the only thing that they took was my flippin gun! I have never felt so violated and sad. That gun was my baby! Out of all the days they decide to break into my truck.......I leave my gun in it! And talking to the cops after all this only made me more irate! I gave the SN# to the cop 3 times. They refused to send someone out for prints! And after 3 X of trying to tell him the SN and me thinking he got it right.....I called one of my friends that is a cop here, and had him double check it again. Sure as ****, it was put into the system wrong. What a horrible feeling. And I know I will never see that gun ever again. So now I am on the hunt for another XDM. Have a few XDs. But I want my XDM back. Loved rattling off all those rounds while my buddy is having to reload! LOL

S

·
Premium Member
127,263 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Another poster got some guns stolen and they where recovered. Hope you have as much luck.

·
Registered
838 Posts
IF you are an NRA member, don't forget your automatic coverage for loss of weapon. ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
sorry for ur loss, a gun can be replaced and it coulda been worse. i was almost expecting to read you left it in the car, never put it in your nightstand, and someone broke into your house that night and you had to throw your tennis shoes at em or something.

i know your pissed but just so you know, cops dont fingerprint for minor burglaries like that it wasnt that they dont care (its a big deal to you yes, but not to them since no one died). for every department country wide to fingerprint every burglary that occurs, would cost trillions of dollars. if no one was assaulted or killed, they write it down and say sorry for your loss, its all they can do. best advice i can offer you is start caling pawn shops and gun shops and just ask them if they have any used springfield xds for sale. do your own detective work, cops cant afford to be calling pawn shops on your behalf either.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Man that really sucks! I think scxd40 gave some good advice on checking your local pawn shops, it would be worth a try...I hope your gun gets recovered!

·
Registered
191 Posts
nothing worse than a thief. im sorry for your loss, i know your pain. i hope someday my springfield gi 1911 will be returned to me as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I've been there. 4 years ago I was staying at a friends house and they wouldn't allow a gun in their house so I left my XDsc locked up in the glove box of the truck. That night mine and 4 other cars were broken into. They pretty much destroyed my dash getting into the glove box and getting the radio out. The other bad thing was that one of the other cars that got broken into belonged to a police officers wife who left her husbands dry cleaning in the car that night. The dry cleaning ended up being one of his uniforms. But like I said, it's been 4 years and no recovery yet. I still get my annual check in from the PD to keep the SN in the FBI database. Hopefully some day it may show up, but who knows.

·
Registered
356 Posts
friggin thieves out there, didnt realize so many of yall have had that prob and soooooo awful your buddy wouldnt allow you to bring your gun inside to keep everyone safe!!! and then have it stolen, surry to hear bout your loss gtthrift and wisekise:(
layz

·
Registered
44 Posts
Must have been a local democrat, who thought that all property was his and there for the taking- sorry for your loss, really hate thieves, low lifes par excellence. CB

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
That sucks. Good luck getting it back.

Another thing about the fingerprinting... They know more about it and they know if they'll be able to lift a print or not. If they don't dust, it's because they know they're not going to get anything. You can certainly ask them to do it, but once they say no they have their reasons.

You're actually probably lucky they didn't dust. Every officer I have talked to about dusting has said they have had someone who was adamant about them dusting. They knew they weren't going to get anything, but the person wanted it done. So you know what they did? They dusted everything for prints! EVERYTHING!! The car had that dust everywhere inside of it and guess who had to clean it up, the owner. Oh, and they never find a print to use either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That sucks,

+1 to the checking in on local pawn shops.
Had a friend who had 3 pistols stolen out of his car the same night, and 2 out of 3 were later recovered.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I had three handguns stolen back in Dec from my home. Just this last week the police recovered all three of them. The guy who stole them was a "friend" on facebook. He will be going away for a long long time!

Hope your gun is recovered as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sorry to hear.:cry: "It" knows the time to make it the worse though. :-x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the replies. Yes.....I have checked the pawn shops numerous times. And will continue to check.
I can see what your saying about doing the fingerprints. I am friends with local FBI, Most of the local police, and a majority of the sheriffs around here. I have nothing but respect for all law enforcement. But the officer that I had to deal with was an absolute tool. I think I was more pissed about him not getting the SN# right after numerous attempts. That was frustrating!

Well......I will keep my head up. Maybe someday it will show up. In the mean time, I am planning on getting another.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Sorry to hear that, and a tear shed. Better luck next time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts