Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked her up on friday. She's a beaut. I've always wanted a German K98 Mauser. Nazi built, pre-war and in great condition. I put 60 rounds through her yesterday and the action could not have been smoother. Aside from the bore having 60 years of dirt, lead, fouling, rust, after a good cleaning it shot great and rather accurate. There is still a lot of dirt in the bore to clean, so accuracy will only increase. My plans are to put a ww2 era scope on it.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very very nice! Do you know the history on it? Like did it actually sit in a forgotten warehouse somewhere?
i've researched it. it was built in the
Berlin-Lübecker Maschinenfabrik arsenal. given its condition, i do not think it saw tooooooo much action. it was a Russian capture because of the peening and X on the chamber. given the year of manufacture, i would think it saw service in eastern europe (poland) or perhaps north africa. The Russians typically peened out the swastikas, so finding one w/o peens today is hard, but they missed 2 swastikas on the stock. one is visible on the above photo and the other is very faint and hard to see, but there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mind sharing how much you paid?

I just looked at a couple K98 rifles at a gun shown today. One was $525, had lots of Nazi markings and it was in great condition. A couple others were $379 but the bores had some rust and looked worn. I'm hoping to find one for less than $300 - some day.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mind sharing how much you paid?

I just looked at a couple k98 rifles at a gun shown today. One was $525, had lots of nazi markings and it was in great condition. A couple others were $379 but the bores had some rust and looked worn. I'm hoping to find one for less than $300 - some day.
$269

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Very nice!

What will you call her?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts