Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting over in the reloading game. Started reloading over 40 yrs ago when Herters were going strong. My equip. is vintage like me I'll be 84 this yr. I own a .22 Beretta period. I gave all my guns to relatives and have decided to reload for them. My problem is I cann't remeber where I left off. How do I bell the case neck on .357 brass to stop shaving lead? Do I need to full lgth. resize once fired .3o.06 match brass, when I do I get stirations on cases, esp necks. Iam using two Herters C tools and old Shissel, Wells and Herters dies. I have a Lyman pwdr. meas. and Lyman resizer. Using a Herter's scale. All Advice more than welcome, johngun in Arkansas

·
Registered
588 Posts
The case mouth needs to be belled a bit more. The second die in the set does that. It needs adjusting. The last die crimps the bell closed again and captures the bullet.

I started again after a 20 year absence and double charged a .45ACP. It became a .45 ACP MAGNUM and spit fire out the back end too. BE CAREFUL! Refresh your memory before blowing something up like I almost did.

CX

·
Registered
588 Posts
On the 30.06 complete resizing is usually needed unless only neck sizing for the same rifle. I have never done that but have read about it. Avoid over resizing if possible. And don't reload those cases more than a few times and keep records.

CX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts