Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have Springfield XD Subcompact where the plastic trigger safety was sharp as a razor. We're talking big friggin' blister after about 200 rounds. I took it to the smith and had it polished out, I couldn't really tell if it made that big of a difference due to an already sore finger but will try it again with 150 rounds next week.

My question is,

1.) Anyone else have this problem?

2.) If I can't get it satisfactory, should I send it back to Springfield?

3.) How quick is the factory's turn around time?

Okay it was three questions. :?

·
Registered
260 Posts
After a few hundred rounds, especially full power factory rounds, my trigger finger hurts a bit. The trigger safety is not flush with the rest of the trigger. I feel that, if this safety was flush with the rest of the trigger, that trigger finger problems will be a thing of the past. It looks like it should be a simple matter to remove material until the safety is flush.

Now that I'm shooting mainly reduced power handloads with cast bullets, I haven't had a problem.

WyoBob

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hehe, I think I saw your post on THR.

I had the same problem, maybe not quite as bad though. I didn't even bother to send it to Springfield or the smith. I just got a little bit of fine sandpaper. and smoothed away at the edges. It doesn't bother me one bit. My hands aren't really all that tough either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
200 rnds today fm my .40sc has the 'bottom' of my finger sore. You know, the part closest to the trigger guard. I guess I don't hold on to the little pistol strong enough to keep the finger from slipping down during recoil and rubbing it raw on the trigger guard.

Tip is fine. I'd just almost trade you problems, least you can sandpaper yours away. :?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree with ajamesp51 altho i dont have this problem others in the forum have came across the same issue. and it has helped them..

·
Registered
196 Posts
For me, my XD9 trigger was a bit short and part of tip of my finger would get stuck between the trigger guard and the trigger and would start hurting. Solution was to watch my trigger finger. I noticed that I tend to let it slide down the trigger. I made conscious effort to not do that and it has gotten better over time.

Of course, this may not be the same problem you are having right now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I noticed that my trigger finger would get sore as hell after about 100 rnds, when I first started shooting the XD, but now after 5,000 or so rnds. I don't notice a thing...either I shot it out or my finger just got used to it....??

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I could shoot my Xds 24 hours a day and not have a problem. Just wish I had that much ammo to try out :shock:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i sent mine in to springfield a year to two ago. it took about a month at that time(i'm not sure what turnaround is now). also, i had other stuff done to it while it was there.

-k

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I had a smith polish it and I did a little work on it myself. I will put 200 rounds through it this weekend to see if this will alleviate the issue.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have had the same problem.

I got my XD on July 4th & went to the range on the 5th.

That night my finger felt like it was asleep or as if i had a splinter in it. & my themb hurt from chambering after inserting a frehs mag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts