Springfield XD Forum banner

Shame on _Handguns_ TV show

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Nate-X 
#1 ·
This idiot, I couldn't believe it, ON THE RANGE WITH SAFETY GOGGLES ON, sprays his hand with a "oh look the laser sight works" move, pointing the firearm not even with the slide locked back right at his hand! So everyone can see his hand has a red dot on it. Big deal, he could have just as easily pointed it at the table in front of him to show that.

Who can I write to about the idiocy of that show and that he continually moved his nonshooting hand in front of the barrel "as if it were not loaded". He had just finished shooting that gun, and the ammunition they highlighted was still right in front of them!

Who is the idiot who is spraying himself with the "path" of the bullet trajectory? James Tarr. I never saw a more brazenly stupid show. The segment's about the .380 pistols so I guess that explains the director's impression of .380's strength.

Shame on Hanguns for allowing this type of education to go out to the public. That guy should have to go back to gun safety course until he gets it right before he Ever does a broadcast again promoting gun use. You can see Aaron Roberts is smarter than that and would never do something like that, almost standing back away from the guy. That looks like what he's thinking

So, anyone know who I can write an email to about their show violating so many safety rules (treat a gun as if always loaded, never point it at something you don't intend to shoot, etc.)?

Why did he have safety goggles still on? This shooter is still at the range but what; is he practicing the Rules of Gun Safety by having them on or was he just negligent in forgetting to remove them when he stepped into the imaginary "comfort zone"? The moron was still on the range.

Thanks. They need a good "telling-to".

See less See more
#2 ·
Why did he have safety goggles still on? This shooter is still at the range but what; is he practicing the Rules of Gun Safety by having them on or was he just negligent in forgetting to remove them when he stepped into the imaginary "comfort zone"? The moron was still on the range.
I'm confused - are you saying that he shouldn't be wearing safety glasses on the range? I wouldn't be on the range without them as I've been in the face hit more than once by a neighbor's spent cartridge.

#3 ·
No, he's saying that the guy was on the range with the slide closed and he swept his own hand with the barrel of a gun that might or might not have been loaded.

The point is, treat every gun as if it's loaded all the time. This guy apparently forgot that rule.

#9 ·
its called natural selection. I once saw a guy load his gun and then looked down the barrel to see if it was chambered:shock:

#10 ·
The segment's about the .380 pistols so I guess that explains the director's impression of .380's strength.
The .380 is a suitable carry for self defense.
I carry one almost daily, as do many on this forum.:neutral:

I emailed the Sportsman Channel directing them to this post.

Thanks XD Talk for the forum. I am somewhat surprised noone else replied to give me a contact name though...
Many of us have better things to do than watch TV and bitch about what they see..

They need a good "telling-to".
Many of us don't feel the need to waste our time giving TV shows a "good telling-to".

I never saw a more brazenly stupid show.
Then stopping watching it.
What is more stupid, the TV show or the guy that repeatedly watches it?

Sorry I don't share your wasted enthusiasm over a boob tube show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.