Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SF 1911-A1 loaded model and is stock. Is this gun able to shoot +P rounds:?:

i also have an XD9 and an XDM 45... I assume these too can shoot +P rounds as well:?:

This is my first post and I just got these guns new last month and am looking for self defense ammo for the house.

My beginner gun a Taurus PT845 I was told could not handle when I bought it 3 months ago and I used the Hornady CD 185G and had no problems in this gun, cleared 400 rounds through it. Only damn ammo that I could get good groupings with. My Springfields I can drive nails with crap ammo.

Anyway I want to try the +P rounds without damage or risk to myself or guns.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Yes, it can handle it. If you're going to feed it a steady diet of +P, one will likely want to swap out their recoil spring every thousand rounds or so. One could also move up to a heavier recoil spring, but this can have a detrimental effect on the gun's reliability.

Why one wants a whiz-bang lightweight load of questionable performance when standard pressure 230gr loads work better, terminal performance-wise, is a better question.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
230gr hydrashoks shoot excellent anyway! The velocity gain in the +p stuff in .45 isn't that much anyway...

I wish I could find more around local. My XD45 loves them.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
put an 18 lb spring in it you'll be fine I like pdx1 personally doesn't make it too dirty whatever you shoot put more than 100 rds through it with 100% perfect function or do not trust your life to it.

that said I've found any of the bullets with rounded over edges seem to work almost universally IE golden sabers/pdx1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts