Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I want to buy a Service XD9 in OD Green but with the newest frame (2 slots in 1913 rail and 16 round magazines) but my local gunshop is having zero luck finding one.

They called all their distributers, they even called Springfield Armory and SA didn't even know what was up.

Can any of you guys tell me what's the scoop? Any SA lurkers that can fill me in?

I've got cash in hand, ready to pull the trigger (no pun intended), but there is a distinct lack of knowledge in regards to the newer framed/mag XD9's in OD.

Help me out here!

Thanks in advance!

Kevin "Bummed."

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Your dealers just dont want to order it, I just checked three of my distributers and they all have several dozen of the OD green xd`s in all three sizes. And all three sizes have the 16 rnd magazines. The only thing you cant tell is if they have the newer frame, no distributer will open a package just to check, a dealer will get what ever is on the top of the pile.

I even see a 9mm ported od green.

By the way the dealer is pulling your chain they want you to buy something that is in stock on the shelf. It took all of 5 min to find over 200 different od green 9mm models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy,

What was lame was that SA wouldn't tell my gunshop what serial number was the "changeover" serial number. Like, after 199323 they have the updated frame/mags. Or at least give a range of numbers. SA said it was "Classified." Ooookay.

My gunshop actually got a gun shipped in, since the distributer was certain that it was the newer model since supposedly all XD's made in 2005 have the updated frame/barrel/mags. It was made in March. Nope, no dice. One slot in the frame, 1 16 rnd mag and 2 15 rounders.

The distributer was shocked and is going to have to eat the shipping on it.

If you know of the distributers that are on the East Coast and have an OD green XD9 4" with the promo 3 16 round mags/cheezy holster, lemme know.

I'll pass it along to my gunshop so they can order it.

I will be getting an XML light, so I want the newer updated frame, along with the extra capacity mags, as well as the one piece barrel?

What do you guys call the newer frame? The Mk. 4?

Thanks again!

Kevin "Jonesing."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts