• XD9 Subcompact

• XD40 Subcompact

• Don't carry XD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a Glock 36 and before that I carried a Kahr K40. My first impression of my XDs has me thinking about carrying an XD. I want a few more months of trips to the range before I finally decide but if and when I do decide to carry I was wondering what those that carry XDs were carrying?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I actually carry both my 9mm Sub and .40 Service but you didn't have an option for that. :) It just depends on my mood, what I'm wearing, and where I'm going but I do carry both. However, if I had to choose what I carry most, I'd say my 9mm Sub sees the most holster duty.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I carry the 9 mm service and the 9 mm subcompact, but not at the same time.

Both in IWB leather holsters, by the way. The service in a Graham, and the sub in an Alessi.

The service pistol is an HS2000, and I couldn't convince Lou Alessi to mould for that pistol, at the time I bought it four years ago. He now offers the XD 4-inch in one of his standard Talon patterns, but the 3-inch is a custom holster, or so he told me during a conversation we had on Monday.

Disclaimer: No financial interest in Graham or Alessi Holsters, just a satisfied customer of both makers.

Lou

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I like my sub for carry, I wanted an XD but at the time I bought it, I was looking for a CCW weapon that would disapear under a t-shirt and it does just that with an IWB fist holster.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
8) My xd 40 service in a galco foward tilt thumb is easly concealed on my hip with a un tucked shirt only had one person spot it i was trying shoes on and my shirt road up when i bent over. to say the least she left in a hurry oops :shock: but the cops didint show up
does every one know about www.packing.org its nice to check ccw laws and state that honor your ccw THANKS this sight is awsome

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I own XDs, but carry a compact Smith and Wesson 9mm.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I trust my life every night, 43 hours per week....To my XD9 4 in Service, loaded with 124 grain Federal Hyda's.....45 of them to be exact.....

also a RRA LE TASC Rifle .223

and a Rem 870 OO Buck

and yep, thats all

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts