Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice thanks for the heads up. All of us have been waiting for one if I may speak outloud for others as well. Order one first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just placed a order. 22 lb spring is closest to OEM correct?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would think 22 is around the OEM. I mean its a pain to rack, but I like it for the reason that " just incase" my daughter or other familys offspring got a hold of it, they would have a heck of a time racking the thing. I am not saying that kids arnt smart enough to get around the racking. But a high tension spring is a good thing.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just received it in. Very nice. It was a PITA to get it in at first but got it to go in. I ordered the 22 lb spring and to my surprise it was still easy to rack. Thanks Rich!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just outta curiosity, to those who have ordered/installed one. Does it make difference in performance, ie muzzle flip?

Thanks

DJ-

·
Registered
447 Posts
No range report yet. Not till this weekend when I shoot a classifier in IDPA. I'm trying to move up in ESP and CDP. Will let you know how it is after this weekend.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just ordered one of these, but is there a reason we had to purchase a spare spring?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Because the one that comes on the service model is the dual spring. We are putting a solid guide rod in that needs to use a full spring instead of the dual spring guide rod. I hope that made sense??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Because the one that comes on the service model is the dual spring. We are putting a solid guide rod in that needs to use a full spring instead of the dual spring guide rod. I hope that made sense??
Gotcha. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine should be here Monday

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just got mine in and installed right away. The 22# spring had to be shown who's boss but after that I felt it was easier to rack than stock.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Does my new 4" service model need one of these? I havent gotten it yet, but I would like some advice from you guys with more experience. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts