Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
never seen one... If you bought it new it should have came with a little envelope with a casing and the date...

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you call SA cust svce they can tell you when it was made.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you call SA cust svce they can tell you when it was made.
Yes they will and they are very polite and it takes about 2 minutes. I did for a XD9SC I bought used with no paperwork....wanted to know how old it was. Turns out it was made in March of 2003, shoots great for a almost 6 year old gun (don't believe it had many rounds through it as it belonged to a lawyer and was a house gun), looks great too!

Just give 'em a call!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Someone should encourage them to put it online or maybe get some XD expert to do so - there is something like this for Glock and it is very helpful.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes they will and they are very polite and it takes about 2 minutes. I did for a XD9SC I bought used with no paperwork....wanted to know how old it was. Turns out it was made in March of 2003, shoots great for a almost 6 year old gun (don't believe it had many rounds through it as it belonged to a lawyer and was a house gun), looks great too!

Just give 'em a call!

Hey I am glad you got a good deal,but if you have a manufacture date you can match to condition to get some idea how many rounds went through it.

If Springfield posted the manufacture date you would have the info before you buy it.

Pete V

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It would be nice to have that info available.

I know you can get it for Ruger 10/22. They have quite a history with their serial#'s, skipped sequences, special models, etc...

NVXDRanger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts