Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my Springfield XD-9 service model off to Bend, Oregon at Springer Precision to get some maintenance and a bunch of custom work... Today Kyle at Springer Precision sent me a picture of my slide with completed slide lightening slotted cuts and the titanium cerakote done and all I can say is WOW! Can't wait till they get it all done. I'm super excited!!
Wood Rectangle Bumper Grass Font
Musical instrument Reed instrument Wood Bumper Woodwind instrument

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
List of work to still be done: Combat/Carry trigger upgrade. Extended mag release, new OEM guide rod (silver) and new spring, new striker indicator guide, new end plate, stippling to my grip, new base pads for 2 mags, new extractor, new ejector.... Also previously purchased new PRP polished striker, PRP titanium indicator kit, PRP titanium striker safety kit, and replacing all the pins with new OEM nickel boron ones.... Can't wait!

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fancy! Looks good man! Sounds like that's gonna be 1 pricey piece.
Yes it's gonna be a little pricey... Just don't tell my wife!! Actually for everything total it's gonna run me about $575 plus the shipping there and back.... Springer Precision actually has really good prices compared to alot of other custom/gunsmithing shops and one of the few that specialize in Springfields. Springer Precision is also letting me pay as I go in payments too so that helps....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Super cool man! It sounds like your excited about it and that's all that matters. So you doing all that and installing factory sights?

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up some truglo tritium fiber optic sights for a good deal off Mercari, buddy of mine has a sight pusher, gonna install myself once I get it back...

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I picked up some truglo tritium fiber optic sights for a good deal off Mercari, buddy of mine has a sight pusher, gonna install myself once I get it back...
edit - ignore, see in pic already out

A suggestion - have guys at Springer remove factory sights from slide while they have it in work. SA sights are a beach to get out.

Reactions: MP2121

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
edit - ignore, see in pic already out

A suggestion - have guys at Springer remove factory sights from slide while they have it in work. SA sights are a beach to get out.
Appreciate that! I was planning on doing it myself.... I picked up some truglo tritium fiber optic sights for a good deal so I'll just send in to them to install, think they charge like $30 to do so.... Thanks again!

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what is the purpose of the gun after you get it all fixed up? EDC or just a range toy?
Still trying to make up my mind. It's the service model so it's a little big for EDC but I've been using it as that off and on the last few years anyway.... What would you do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts