Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to send out my slide to get night sights put on. anyone know the aproximate wait time to get it back? i understand that their a bit backed up with the magazine promotion and everything..

·
Premium Member
127,789 Posts
Most gunsmiths will do it for $25 or so. Don't you have any close to you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i brought it to a couple of places and they told me they couldnt do it. was thinking of sending it directly to springfield and was just hoping it wouldnt take more than 2 weeks..?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
There are plenty of places that will do it. I remember a place that will send them back out in 24 or 48 hours !!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I don't know how the holidays have affected SA's turnaround time, but back in September, I returned a slide to have a faulty night sight installation corrected in my wife's XD-9sc, and it was back in twelve days.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Send it to someone who knows WTF they are doing when it comes to XD sight installation.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i say send it to springer precision they will get it done faster and do great work.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
send it to springer precision. he knows what hes doing. $30+ shipping the slide. vs $65+ shipping to springfield. Springers turn around time is in days not a month like Springfield.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
send it to springer precision. he knows what hes doing. $30+ shipping the slide. vs $65+ shipping to springfield. Springers turn around time is in days not a month like Springfield.
+1

XD sights are a special little varmint, some are loose and anyone can change them but SOME are super tight little S.O.B.s ( I have a black SC that bears the marks before I got the sight tool ) with some smiths grinding them out to keep from messing up the slide!
Most new aftermarket sights should have a bit of work done to them so they go in with minimal trouble for later adjustments.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
SA just did some work for me and it only took a month. They installed Trijicons, hard chromed it, and installed a solid guide rod. I'm sure yours would take far less time since they had to send mine out for hard chrome.

B.T.W. I was told just after shipping my pistol to them that using a f.f.l. dealer to ship is cheaper.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
SA just did some work for me and it only took a month. They installed Trijicons, hard chromed it, and installed a solid guide rod. I'm sure yours would take far less time since they had to send mine out for hard chrome.

B.T.W. I was told just after shipping my pistol to them that using a f.f.l. dealer to ship is cheaper.
Most likely. An FFL can use the USPS, I only paid like $16-17 when I sold my XD-45 BUT my FFL charged me $25 for the transfer service ( they actually earned it on that one as there were some problems on the buyers end )

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
You're probably safe sending it to SA, that way you'd feel at ease with their workmanship (IMO)! :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the info. once i qualify with my dept im sending it in. ill let you know how long it takes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts