Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i am going to be sending in my slide from my tactical to get refinished next week, i will be going on vacation the week after and won't need it for at least those two weeks. How long does SA normaly have your slide?

Mine isn't being done for the normal reason of the rust, mine was scratched from the day i got it, its like someone went to take it down only the take down lever ground down the slide for about 3-4 inches only thing is its not perfectly straight and its kinda a deep gouge. They originaly told me to send it in and i hadn't even shot it yet. I am going to call them tommarow and go through it again to make sure that they still want to or can do anything for me before i send it but they were pretty prompt about wanting it back asap.....so now nearly a month later i think i can part with it for 2 weeks or so pending buying a new gun tommarow as many of you have read and helped me decide in my CCW gun thread.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I sent them my slide to SA for Bomar sight installation which includes slide refinish. They have had my slide for approximately 2 weeks. I was told turnaround for sight work is 4-6 weeks. I would guess just a slide refinish would take less time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i don't think i am going to be sending mine in anymore.

also one-eyed-fatman SA told me 30-45 days and the second time i called they told me 14 to 30 days. The customer service guy told me even though it was discussed it would be refinished when i send it in its going to be up to a manager there and that latley they have been getting really strick about refinishing and they are starting to bill for any questionable work.

Then goes on to tell me that my gun did not leave SA scratched it is checked at several points so it had to have been by a distributor or my local gun store and he said any damage done at the local gun store would have to be a deal between me and him to get it fixed because they could not cover that damage.

After all that..... not sending it in screw it,

Its not that important to me. and i don't think i will be sending it to them at all for refinishing it will probably go to someone else.

This is kinda the second let down by SA, First my gun was shipped with the wrong magazines after waiting nearly a month because the high capacity magazine 9mm tactical combo's were hard to get ...and my dealer told me he called and they said to just use the 10rds until they got 15's in, a MONTH LATER still nothing

so i personaly call they say oh ya we can send you some you just have ot get into a waiting list and we will send you them free and you just pay shipping to return your 10rnds so i agree, Then nearly 2-3 weeks later they arrive at my house..... COD UPS wants 50 dollars in a MO or cashiers check made out to SA, so i tell them i can't and they have to come back tommarow.

I am pissed at this point to say the least, so then i go get a damn money order and give it to the UPS guy and call SA, they say oops someone messed up just refuse the shipment and we can send them out again free this time but your looking at at least another 2-4 weeks.... nevermind i already have them and paid, so now i have to ship them back and wait for SA to somehow credit me i guess by sending me a check.

So after all that then this i'm not the happiest with them on the entire deal. I love the gun and wouldn't trade it for anything but the problems waiting and headaches and now more money wrapped up in it ..... SA needs to kinda get there act together, this way by first hand gun purchase and it just didn't go smooth.

But would i personaly buy another XD or any SA firearm and or recommend it to a freind .... IN A HEARTBEAT.... amazing firearms....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.