Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried my usual gun oil, I tried Molbil 1 like I read here, nothing works. It's not a serious rust, but man is it annoying. I live in FL and its humid, and I keep the gun in the truck for the day, bring it in that night and it's got a brown tint. I dont need to explain, I did a search, everyone should know what I'm talking about. I called SA today and got a RMA# and was told to ON it to them. Thats about $40 bucks, and she wouldn't promise to refinish it, but they would "inspect it". Not too excited avout that. Is the refinish worth it? What are my other options for refinishing if I dont send it to them? Any I can try myself at home? I read of an ovenbaked on finish, but cant find it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There are several options for 'aftermarket' finishes. One forum sponsor http://www.xd-hs2000.com (ajamesp51) offers DuraCote refinishing for a pretty good price. Hopefully someone else can chime in, but I don't think you are required to overnight a slide. Do a search on armorykote and you should find some info about people who have had theirs done by SA's custom shop. I am pretty sure I've seen people who say if they could do it again, they would have just had it done by an aftermarket shop.

R

·
0 Posts
they same thing ahppend to me im in texas, very humid, I sent it in no garuntees about refinish or not but they did refinish it, I also wrote them a letter on how much I loved the gun and would not trade it, just needed a better fisnish, i dunno if that helped or not but they refinished it and refunded my shipping, I would give it a try if I were you just my 2 cents

·
Registered
34 Posts
just take a picture of the rust and send it along with the pistol along with a letter to springfield, thats what i did and they refinished it for free. they tell you that they'll inspect just to scare you out of sending it in for minor warrenty work such as refinishing... they told me the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts