Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather getting warmer I've been thinking of shooting some skeet or sporting clays.

I don't own a break action shotgun, but my preferred shotty is a Mossberg 930 I recently purchased.

Is there any etiquette issues I would encounter using the 930 to bust some clays?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Charlie H.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the longer barrel and wood stock. Bought it with clay shooting in mind

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
410 Posts
I use my Benelli for the same, just watch where your empty's are flying off to. Also as I was told at the Whitington Center, make sure the bolt is locked back when moving from station to station. One disadvantage vs. an O/U, harder to see if it's unloaded.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
as long as you have the longer barrel and a choke that will pattern the shot well enough to your liking, you should be fine. There's nothing that says you have to use an O/U shotgun for any of the shooting sports. I've used my Remington 1100 for trap/skeet for a long time, and it works well.

I'm actually planning to use my Mossberg to do sporting clays for the first time later this spring with my boss. Looking forward to it. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
There are a few people in my league with semi-auto's. There are also a few pump's like me. The only disadvantage is that you have to pick up your empty's after the round where the o/u's don't have that issue. Our league just built skeet houses, so I'm considering getting a semi-auto for skeet, but I'll probably be using my 870 for a while.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
I use a Weatherby SA-08 for clays.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would it be possible for two people to use the same gun in sporting clays? My gf wants to use my 930 not her 500

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts