Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabellas ( 2005 shooting catalog) is selling Sellier & Bellot ammo (40 cal.) for $7.99 for a box of 50. A 100 would equal the cost of a value pack of WWB sold at Walmart. Has anyone used this ammo. If so, is it better quality than the value pack.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I ran about 4K of 40 through my Tactical and didn't have any problems. It didn't fare so well in my 646 revolver though. Hardness of the primers I think.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have put three boxes through my XD-40 and I and the gun really likes it. The problem is the only place that caries it locally is the local pistol range and they want almost $11 dollars a box for it. I would shoot it more if I could get it as cheap as WWB or UMC but my the time you figure in shipping from Cabelas its not that great of a deal.

mcb

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have fired thousands of rounds of S&B .45 ACP, .357 mag, 9mm, etc. through a variety of pistols (Sigs, Glocks, XDs, S&Ws) and never had a single problem. Ditto with WWB and CCI Blazer. The only ammo I ever found that gave me problems was UMC.

-Zett

·
Registered
539 Posts
I used it for a while with no problems except it was a little dirty, then I got 4 misfires in one box. I don't buy it anymore. :(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Zett said:
I have fired thousands of rounds of S&B .45 ACP, .357 mag, 9mm, etc. through a variety of pistols (Sigs, Glocks, XDs, S&Ws) and never had a single problem.
-Zett
+1 It's all I buy for plinking ammo

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's kinda funny, but I've also found WWB ammo to be both the cheapest, AND the most accurate/reliable, in my 9mm XD Tactical so far. Go figure.

Scott

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Their rifle ammo is fantastic. I have shot their 8x57, 303 British and 7.62x39 several times and like it. I have taken several hogs in the past with the 8mm 196 grain round noser. I did not shoot enough at a session to notice whether or not it was dirty ammo, but it was accurate and did the job.

Their pistol ammo is spotty at best. I did not get good accuracy from my Hi-Power, while using their 115gr ball. This is a very accurate pistol and the results surprised me. I also got crappy accuracy from their 9x18 Makarov loadings too. All were pretty filthy as well.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
mcb said:
I have put three boxes through my XD-40 and I and the gun really likes it. The problem is the only place that caries it locally is the local pistol range and they want almost $11 dollars a box for it. I would shoot it more if I could get it as cheap as WWB or UMC but my the time you figure in shipping from Cabelas its not that great of a deal.

mcb
Check out Cheaper Than Dirt.

S&B 1,000 rounds $179.40 ($8.97/ea), free shipping on orders over $150.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a 1000 rounds of 9mm at a gun show for $100.(no tax) I have only gone through 250 so far and I can say I like it. No problems. Not only do I like the ammo, but it's cheaper than WWB and I don't have to go to Wal-Mart anymore!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have only gone through two or three boxes of S&B (.40 cal) and that was some time ago. But from what I remember I did not have any problems with it and would purchase it again if the price was right.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Out of three thousand rounds of S&B 45acp and one thousand of 40s&w the only problem I had was two or three hard primers. I have not purchased any S&B since Wal-Mart expanded their Winchester Value pack to include 45 and 40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought an XD .357sig last week and wanted to throw a few rounds through it but I'm discovering that .357sig ammo is tough to find cheap. The S&B was a little more than $1 a box cheaper than WWB so I picked up 2 boxes of 50. I had one failure to fire in the 100 rds from I presume a hard primer. Not a good first impression and I'll personally avoid it if possible in the future.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Best deal on 357sig practice ammo I've seen is at http://www.georgia-arms.com/canned_heat.htm where $85 gets you 500 rounds or 1000 rounds for $160. The home page says prices are going up so you have to call to confirm if the web site prices are still current. I have not used this ammo but I've seen plenty of recommendations from people who have and I've never seen a complaint.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have shot well over 10,000 rounds of it through various 1911s without a problem. Very accurate and it is no dirtier than WWB, at least in .45.

ranburr

1 - 20 of 33 Posts