Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone target shoot Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ? I bought some of this ammo at the Irving, TX gun show last Saturday and shot some of it Tuesday in my XD9. It was fine I thought and a reasonable price I suppose - $10.5 for 50. It seems to have a pretty good reputation for a non made-in-America brand.

Opinions anyone? I'm considering buying more of it -- perhaps bulk to stock up.

Dave

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like it.

A couple months ago I placed an order from surplusammo.com. I hadn't tried any of their cheap ammo on there, so I ordered 500 magtechs and 500 S&Bs to see which I liked better.

I haven't had any problems with S&B. Shoots nice. And even though it's not really a big deal, I really like their boxes that they pack it in. Very small, compact boxes. They make it easy to pack a few boxes together in a range bag and barely take up any space

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good ammo, I shoot alot of S&B through my Glock & Bersa with no problems. The brass is also great for reloading. You cant go wrong with this stuff. I used to get it really cheap from Cabelas but everybody caught on and drove the prices up.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Dave- I have shoot 200 rounds of their .40 s&w ammo no issues at all. I really liked it. Thought it was very accurate and clean burning. Was impressed for an eastern bloc ammo manufacture.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think S&B is good ammo as well from my limited shooting. I was also thinking of buying some more from Surplusammo as they've got it fairly cheap in the 9mm.

Dave

·
Premium Member
24,714 Posts
good ammo, i have had a few ejection problems it seems the rim is a bit smaller,

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Its good ammo. Their 124 grain 9x19mm is 1fps slower than M882 ball. If you buy the POLICE labeled box the 115 is getting over 1300fps.

Dont worry about it though, there is no +P on the box so your gun will last FOREVER shooting it...
:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
While attending Front Sight two of the students were from the Chech Republic. They were impressed I was using ammo from their home country.

They commented that the manufacturer exported their first run ammo so what we get is their best quality. I would not be concerned about using it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like it.

A couple months ago I placed an order from surplusammo.com. I hadn't tried any of their cheap ammo on there, so I ordered 500 magtechs and 500 S&Bs to see which I liked better.

I haven't had any problems with S&B. Shoots nice. And even though it's not really a big deal, I really like their boxes that they pack it in. Very small, compact boxes. They make it easy to pack a few boxes together in a range bag and barely take up any space
Both brands are imports right. Do you like the S&B rounds better than the Magtech rounds or no real difference? Which was cheaper? What gun are you shooting? I've got an XD9 which is new to me and nearly new which I bought from a friend.

Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have been using Sellier & Bellot 115 gr and had nothing but good experience with it. Can't beat the price of $10.26 per box:)

I stock up on both Magtech 115 gr and Sellier & Bellot for range practice. I purchase whenever I see them available online.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Both brands are imports right. Do you like the S&B rounds better than the Magtech rounds or no real difference? Which was cheaper? What gun are you shooting? I've got an XD9 which is new to me and nearly new which I bought from a friend.

Dave

I haven't really noticed any difference between the two. I'm shooting an XDm compact 9mm

For some reason I'll have a slight problem loading magtech into my mags. When I get about 8 bullets in there sometimes it'll feel like I can't push them down to get the next one it, like it's stuck. I'll have to give it a good push to get the bullets to go down so I can get the next in. I have no clue why that happens, I can't see anything in the actual bullets that would cause this, and magtech is the only ammo where this has happened. Not really a big deal, they seem to come out of the magazine just fine when firing.

Both magtech and S&B are practically the same price at surplusammo. 1000 rounds of S&B is $184, magtech is $189

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't really noticed any difference between the two. I'm shooting an XDm compact 9mm

For some reason I'll have a slight problem loading magtech into my mags. When I get about 8 bullets in there sometimes it'll feel like I can't push them down to get the next one it, like it's stuck. I'll have to give it a good push to get the bullets to go down so I can get the next in. I have no clue why that happens, I can't see anything in the actual bullets that would cause this, and magtech is the only ammo where this has happened. Not really a big deal, they seem to come out of the magazine just fine when firing.

Both magtech and S&B are practically the same price at surplusammo. 1000 rounds of S&B is $184, magtech is $189
I saw those prices also ChaoP -- that is less than $0.20 a round and is the cheapest that I've seen lately.

But tonight I went to Cabela's nearby my home and they had the 115gr 9mm S&B on sale for $9.99 per 50 round box. I bought a couple of boxes since that is $0.20 per round. The salesman also liked the Magtech but it was not on sale ($12.99 per 50). He said to to get the Hornady Self Defense JHP rounds for home. They were out in 9mm.

I need to get out to shoot this week or weekend!

Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
My favorite target round in 9mm. It seems very clean and like ChaoP says, easy to pack in the bag. I wish I could find it locally in something other than 115 gr.

No sweat on it's eastern bloc origin. Both my pistols came behind the former curtain. Never dreamed I would say that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
S & B is my favorite FMJ cartridge for practice. Cleaner than anything else I shoot. I tried Magtech a couple of times, but I don't get it anymore because it does leave more residue on my hands and pistols.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I've shot around 1800 round of it through my XD9. I've only had 1 failure to eject and I'm attributing that to a family member who was new to handguns limp wristing it. I just bought 600 more rounds of it yesterday, you could say I like it :cool:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts