Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some opinions on a good carry ammo?

There is just an overwhelming amount of choices but what to make sure i start with some that will cycle due only to the expense of this type of ammo.

i have been looking into the Federal HP self defense loads. any good or what do you suggest?

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
There are lots of good choices in 9mm.

Best to spend a little in the beginning and find out not only what will feed and cycle, but where it hits as well. Very important.

I do not own an XD in 9mm, but I do have a Hi-Power in 9mm and I carry Winchester 147gr XTPs in it. Why? They hit point-to aim with the stock HP sights, group nicely and cycle reliably every time. This miight not be true in an XD-9, Beretta 92 or Sig 226...thats why you need to devote a little experiment time and effort into finding the "right" ammo for your gun. They're all different.

Forget the jargon in the ads...reliability/cycling, accuracy and knowing where it hits means everything.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
51 Posts
Many have had good luck with 124 gr. Speer Gold Dot +P hollowpoints. Many law enforcement officers use this bullet or brand.

Everybody has their opinions, but any quality hollowpoint bullets from one of the major manufacturers will do the job if needed.

Don't sweat it. Most use Speer Gold Dots, Federal Hydrashocks, Cor-bon hollowpoints or Remington Golden Saber ammunition. Differences are minimal. Shot placement is most important.

I prefer the 124 or 125 grain for 9mm. Make sure your choice works reliably in your pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts