Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The subject line pretty much says it all. I'm considering getting my new XP-9 coated and have been looking at DiamondKote from M&R Arms Specialties (mrarms.com).

Their product seem very nice and they have been very helpful with answering all my questions via email. I'd like to hear from members that have gotten their XPs coated with DiamondKote and hopefully see some DiamondKote samples. Specifically, how has the DiamondKote held up? Any first hand comparisons with other coating methods from members that have tried different types of coatings?

As always, thanks for your time and consideration. And, yes...I have already searched the site for information on DiamondKote. I didn't find many posts.

Regards...

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I'm pretty sure DiamondKote is their brand name for KG GunKote. You will probably find a lot more info by searching for "gunkote".

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You have had a better exprience than I have with them. I emailed them twice.To finally get a call back about hard chrome Said the XD slide has two many angles to polish chrome finish and the can't do there shadow finish :shock: Either.
I will send it to someone who know the XD better 8) .Ajames and Rich know the XD hard chrome looks like TRipp :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Tengu said:
I'm pretty sure DiamondKote is their brand name for KG GunKote. You will probably find a lot more info by searching for "gunkote".
Greg (Tengu):

I'm sure you are correct. My post, however, is a bit of a two parter: Information on DiamondKote and information on M&R ARms? I will do some searches on KG GunKote.

Thanks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R/T Performance said:
You have had a better exprience than I have with them. I emailed them twice.To finally get a call back about hard chrome Said the XD slide has two many angles to polish chrome finish and the can't do there shadow finish :shock: Either.
I will send it to someone who know the XD better 8) .Ajames and Rich know the XD hard chrome looks like TRipp :D
Thanks for the info. I'll certainly keep that in mind.

·
Registered
454 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts