Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from unloading another 200 rounds at the range with my XDm 9 full size. I forgot to mention ammo for my first trip. The ammo used was Remington 115 grain. Not one issue the first time out.

This time I had 2 boxes of Remington, and 2 boxes of PMC 115 grain. No issues at all with the Remington. I did however have 3 FTF issues once I started shooting the PMC ammo. Once with a coworker that was with me, and twice with me. I did notice the PMC looked a bit cheaper (can you visually tell, I dunno. Still new and going based on appearance. LOL) then the Remington. 3 issues out of 100 rounds is nothing, but Ill probably stick with Remington and try WWB if I can ever find it. Bass Pro had nothing and where I went today (Outdoorsman) had none either. In fact, their ammo supply was kinda lacking in 9MM.

I didnt keep any targets since there were 3 of us just cycling through our guns and trying out the range guns my coworker rented. Shot my XDm, a 40 XDm, a 40 S&W compact, and a 45 glock. Also put some rounds out there with a 22LR Ruger Mark 2. Should almost be illegal to have this much fun. Almost. :twisted:

·
Registered
57 Posts
If it was PMC Bronze, I've had trouble with it too. For me, it was ejection problems. I've been told since that PMC Bronze is a low recoil round, lower recoil, quicker back on target for those target shooters with well tuned guns.
I usually stick to WWB, Fed. American Eagle, Rem/UMC green and white box, and Speer Lawman. If you have an Academy near you, the Monarch in the brass case works well for plinking. It can be a little dirty though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts