Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out for the second time, for a short time, and shot 44 rounds. The report is better, most shots in the center-mass area, but still too many to the left, and some left and low.
I am going out again Wednesday and will shoot 100+ rounds. I should have it figured out by then.
Over all real happy with how the gun performs. it worked flawlessly using winchester white 165 grain target ammo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just got back from the range too! Shot about 200 rounds. Trying to work on wrist/trigger control hand placement. Only shooting a little bit low now but instead of holding the trigger at the shoot point I'm starting at beginning travel and it's seeming to work alot better for me. I definitely like going out by myself and shooting in spurts of 5 rounds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a note, I had issues with the 165 grain winchester target ammo out of my XDM full size. It opened up my groups conciderably. I had much better results with winchesters 180 grain target ammo (I shot 100 of each back to back alternating). Though my best results have come from remington 180g umc hollow points. The first mag of remington I shot at 25 yards showed a 4 inch drop in overal group. and the results have been concistant and dropping since then. The weapon itself will digest anything I feed it. Even shot a few poorly made handloads just to see if it would take them and it did, I have a little over 400 rounds through it and no malfunctions yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts