Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I made it to the range again today. My results were a little better. I shot 100 rounds of WWB, which as far as I can tell shoots better than blazer.

I tried a few new things, such as different stances and holds. I think my adjusted hold made the most difference as the gun felt much more natural in my hands. No more crossing the weak hand thumb over the strong hand thumb. I also relaxed a lot more.

Anyway, what is a range report without a pic?

XD-9 Service, WWB 115g FMJ, 16 rounds, 15 yards

·
Registered
181 Posts
Whats a range report without pictures and a comment on split times and total time elapsed ? No much, gives a much better picture with this info than just a photo and yardage.
Cheers
Hillbilly Jim

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm picking up my Tactical on Wednesday. The first time I shot it, at a gun club, I was thrilled with it. It just felt good in my hands.

I did a lot of research, and made a tough decision and went with the tac.

I really hope that I can replicate those shots as you've done. (No, I'm not gay - married 36 years.) jp

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats a range report without pictures and a comment on split times and total time elapsed ? No much, gives a much better picture with this info than just a photo and yardage.
Cheers
Hillbilly Jim
:confused:

Please refer to my "first" range report from this past Monday: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-sa-xd-range-reports/84734-new-xd-9-service.html

Basically, I'm still learning to shoot a handgun, on my own using info on the 'net. I wasn't aware that range reports required the info you are requesting, and I don't even know how to provide that info. Think of this as a newbies range report :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm picking up my Tactical on Wednesday. The first time I shot it, at a gun club, I was thrilled with it. It just felt good in my hands.

I did a lot of research, and made a tough decision and went with the tac.

I really hope that I can replicate those shots as you've done. (No, I'm not gay - married 36 years.) jp
To tell you the truth, I almost went with the tactical, but wanted something that I could still conceal carry until I can get another pistol. Of course, I won't be CC'ing for a while since I still havn't had a CCW class and don't have a permit yet.

Someone else posted a RR with a Tac this week, his results are AMAZING.

Thanks for the support!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts