Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put the laser-cut grip tape on my new XDm, and after a morning of rifle competition (and getting my ass kicked by the hotshots at the club) I took my XDm to the pistol range and promptly fell in love with it.

I just like the way it holds with the grip tape. I love the way the grip is shaped. I even like the trigger and can understand how it is revolver-like in its predictability and feel. Still don't care for the lengthy reset, though. Everything about this pistol feels greasy smooth and highly refined, like quality hors d'oeuvres off a silver platter.

One item of note: I bought some HSM.451 200-grain semi-wadcutter lead bullets to reload into my cases and was unhappily rewarded with 15 failures to feed in 100 rounds. The magazine sits high in the pistol and the odd recessed edge of the bullet likes to catch on the barrel hood as it's getting pushed into battery.

It's funny - our club owner took a look at my reloads and correctly predicted I'd have just this exact problem. He was right.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad to know.

That's exactly the way I feel with mine. About 800 rds w/o a single problem. Albeit, I haven't put any reloads through it yet.

The XD/XDM is surely a solid platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts