Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I did not put a first, but I did not really want to get mad fun of. I think that I did better this time and I figured that I would post and see what I need to work on. I went to the range with my XD9sc with pearce extention on the 13rd mag. I shot 50rds of Tula and 50rds of WWB, both 115gr. I then shot 6rds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P that I carry to see how it was and how I was with it, I have a total of 206rds through it and no malfunctions. I know that I should shoot more of it, but it is expensive, maybe I will later. I really want to get Federal HST 147gr. Anyway, I was at about 20-25ft, that is the closest I can get at my range. Here you go.

Trip one

Trip 2, I guess that I only took one picture...this was the best one.

and just for kicks

I really want to get some more formal training

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not bad. And what I've noticed in the gun community, you really don't get made fun of when it comes to shooting. There's no way to get better if you don't keep at it and practice. Those who would make fun are probably too immature to own a gun to begin with.

It's like overweight people at the gym...... those of us who promote good health support them, because hey, at least they're in the gym trying to do something to make their health better.

Keep on keepin' on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, the thing that I do not get is that I used to be better with my dad's 1911, I think that it is because of the fact that this is a subcompact with a 3" in barrel and that was a full size. I thought that I should be better with a 9mm, maybe it is because I have not shot in a long time and I was used to that gun. I would love to get a 1911, but cannot afford it right now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice! Your hearth and family is safe. That 20 to 25 feet is the "serious" business zone. Excellent distance to practice.

The closest I can get at my range is 25 yards and can't put more than five rounds in the magazine. To make matter worst my state doesn't allow no more then 10 round magazines. I had to permanently block all my XDm compact mags. sigh

I need to get one of those Pearce extenders for my short mag too.

·
Premium Member
24,688 Posts
cool report thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.